Author Topic: Dglvk  (Read 6244 times)

Offline 66split

Dglvk
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2004, 12:55:35 PM »
dam stephan, my bus is cooler then that..LOL..Kirin, the guys are just bustin on you man, dont take the trash talk so seriously...everyone appreciates any club that can gather vw's together.  
naming a car is gay...really gay.

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2004, 01:21:09 PM »
Ya like Rick said Kirin, I think the meaning was when another club puts on a function you guys are there to help out - Like the Great Canadian last year, Kafer Kraft volunteered and helped out, same with shows this year we know we can count on you guys to help out.
Same goes for Dglvk and Dvkk - if they ask, we are there for them and vise versa.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Dglvk
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2004, 01:51:57 PM »
personally, i would like to thank all the local clubs. i think you all do a great job representing what driving/racing/owning an a/c vw is all about. i commend you all for the work you've done putting on shows and cruises, advertising events and maintaining websites.

keep up the good work DVKK, DGVLK and Kafer Kraft. :rockon:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Dglvk
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2004, 03:01:45 PM »
Kirin .....
I think we need a group hug,,,, :wub: Can you bring the naked welder chick... I likes hugs...also all the other young Hot chicks your club has... Will make us old foogies feel better and would help welcome us into the new community of VW's...
 B)

Loosen the bone Wilma.... :wacko:  
Kirin we love you....and the naked welder chick

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2004, 05:16:59 PM »

As far as difference between DGLVK and DVKK - not much, same love of the hobby, same need for speed, slightly different membership criteria, and we have the FASTEST aircooled around.
Since you bring up the point, I gotta ask, since the formation of the common air club, what's the fastest 1/4 time recorded by any club member?

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Dglvk
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »
Since you bring up the point, I gotta ask, since the formation of the common air club, what's the fastest 1/4 time recorded by any club member?

No one in DGLVK has run their cars yet...

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Dglvk
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2004, 08:47:09 PM »
Well Bruce, Lets just say I am bringing a change of Undies to the track!!! :unsure:
That is if I ever get my Tranny back!!1
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 08:48:23 PM by Pointblank »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2004, 10:00:55 PM »
Post says \"fastest aircooled around\" as proven by turbo Jim the previous owner
And what's with the \"common\" air club? translation is wicked air.

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #38 on: February 29, 2004, 02:31:32 AM »
Ok, I see now.  The slowest DVKK car has been proven to be faster than the fastest from the common air club.  How do you get \"FASTEST aircooled around\" out of that?

James, you should have checked into the translation first.  The person you asked must speak Bavarian slang or something.  Go here: http://babelfish.altavista.com/  and see for yourself.

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Dglvk
« Reply #39 on: February 29, 2004, 07:20:04 AM »
Bruce, I guess the term loosly translates isn't in your vocabulary. Give your head a shake!  
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 07:26:35 AM by Hoosier Daddy »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Dglvk
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2004, 07:31:22 AM »
Hey Bruce,

We are not slamming your club. or its name. Keep that in check. We are trying to have fun and create some fun competition amongst everyone.
I know you are a very knowledgable man, So I would think you are not meaning to offend. [_[

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Dglvk
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2004, 07:54:12 AM »
Bruce why don't you try typing in Wicked Air, then see what you get.

Like Shane said its good to create some fun competion between the clubs but knocking a clubs name/logo isn't alright. But this is the internet and sometimes things typed come across different than they were intended, so I'll give you the chance to explain what your position is. Although this is twice you've brought this name issue up so I'm thinking you might really have an issue with it..  

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2004, 08:47:08 AM »
And according to my father in law - who was born and raised in germany, then moved over to canada when he was 30 - the translation is to a german slang word for wicked.

Matt

Dglvk
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2004, 09:22:58 AM »
Just for the record...

I went to the link Bruce posted. \"Wicked Air\" translates into your club name when done from english to german. Your club name translates into \"common air\" from german to english. I guess that's why your website says \"Loosely translates\". cause it does.  

I have no membership in any club anymore, but when I was running Strictly German a few years back, I always had the impression that the DVKK were snobs. I then met most of them and found out how wrong my thoughts of that club is, almost everyone I met were great people. Now I look at this topic and think why did I ever think they were snobs??  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: If Bruce is representing, I am sure there is more folk that think that.

Matt
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 09:23:57 AM by Matt »

Offline ehos

Dglvk
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2004, 10:29:37 AM »
Sounds like alphabet soup to me.

How do newbs like me tell the two clubs apart?  The one with the more letters in it is the club that promotes speed?  Or is the shorter acronym'd one?

:wacko:

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2004, 11:09:14 AM »
Both promote speed

Offline ehos

Dglvk
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2004, 11:33:56 AM »
Oh,  :unsure:

um, then which one needs the speedy car membership?  Nice looking cars?

I thought there was a difference between the two?  I forget now.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Dglvk
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2004, 12:14:47 PM »
my new club

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2004, 02:34:48 PM »
Man, lighten up.  Can't ya take a bit of ribbing?  Hey, I didn't start the smack talk about who had the fastest cars!!!!
One thing you have to beware of is half the Germans who see your club's name will think \"common?\"  
Hey Stephan, what does your father have to say about this?
I remember a guy on Volkswebbin who called himself \"Zwitterboy\".  Until I told him what that meant to any German that didn't know VWs.  Zwitter has had a regular definition since long before the 50s

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Dglvk
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2004, 02:47:49 PM »
Bruce, we are not talking about the fastest car thing... that will happen on the track, And ribbing we can take...
It's you slamming the club name.... THat is where it looks like club bashin...And we are about havin fun...
Whatever the name be...

When you can see that the club is bothered by what you are sayin then maybe take the hint.. -_-  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
Dglvk
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2004, 02:59:46 PM »
This is the fundamental problem with email/ Internet these days. When one person may be joking around another may take it personal and you can't tell the difference in type...

When you cut through all the crap... who gives a rats ass about the translation! The main thing is having another club in the area promoting VW's will do nothing but good things.  Keep up the efforts Dglvk, it's gonna be a fun summer ahead.

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2004, 03:14:52 PM »
I'm not \"slamming\" the club or its name.  Just a little friendly poking fun.  There is a big difference, and slamming was not my original intent.  This is what smack talk is all about isn't it?  There is no personal offense intended.  
 If its  \"about havin fun...
Whatever the name be...\"  why get upset over a few simple words?

Many times I've heard people comment about my car, calling it a Super Beetle or a Fat Chick car.  Obviously they hate the car.  But I don't care what they say, they are just words.  Geoff is constantly calling my car a Super Beetle, but I know its just friendly poking fun, he's not slamming the car.  

I've seen many instances of people jumping all over James far worse than this, he seems to take it all in stride.  (when are we going to see your car move under its own power?)  I've thought several times, \"geez, give the guy a break, so what if he's slow at building his car\".

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Dglvk
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2004, 03:28:40 PM »

When you cut through all the crap... who gives a rats ass about the translation! The main thing is having another club in the area promoting VW's will do nothing but good things.  Keep up the efforts Dglvk, it's gonna be a fun summer ahead.
Well Said Gavin,

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2004, 03:45:25 PM »
I'm not slow Bruce, I just like to put bolts upside down and go back and do it again :)

As long as my car out runs my mouth I will be happy!

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2004, 03:51:22 PM »
From the pics of the drag bar installation it looks like the bolts holding the strap going over the bell housing are the right way round.   Hey, what is that strap for anyway?

Stephan Schmidt

Dglvk
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2004, 05:02:29 PM »
Der Gemeine Luft Volkswagen Klub

means:

The Mean Air Volkswagen Club

when you say: Das ist sehr gemein - it means, that is very mean

gemein = mean

I think it actually sounds better than \"wicked\" (just opinion...so good choice in the end :))

anyways, I'm glad another club has risen up and is going to start being deeply involved in the Vdub scene!

Stephan

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2004, 05:59:26 PM »
Came with it so Installed it.

Offline Bruce

Dglvk
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2004, 09:54:42 PM »
James, the only reason I bring it up is that it appears to have no purpose, while adding weight.  I seem to recall you not liking the way it went over the top.

Offline James Buchan

Dglvk
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2004, 10:45:25 PM »
Ya didnt like the way it clamped down over the starter housing, I'll probly pull it.

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Dglvk
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2004, 07:40:28 PM »
It's always refreshing to see who is pissing who off....seems like James is always in there somewhere :P  ohh and the rest of the DGLVK,lol

On to a batter topic,  With this weather were having it seems like Spring is almost here. We will be seting a date for the Real Street VW shootout soon so everyone better stop posting and get wrenching! I know i have a long way to go on my car and few hours to do it.

What dat works for everyone? rough ideas mid April? May? lets get some feedback.