Author Topic: Engine/body  (Read 1877 times)

Offline woodsy

• http://
Engine/body
« on: February 07, 2006, 10:17:35 AM »
This summer I would like to be either building and buying a new powerplant, or doing the body work.  Seeing as both prices will probably be close I can only really do one thing at a time.  So my question is for the engine is there a guy or shop that any of you know that does stroker engines.  Second a body shop, in town theres really no one i would trust because they just dont see any VW's.  I can move the body pretty much anywhere thats not a problem.  If anyone has any contacts drop me a line.

Woodsy

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
Engine/body
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 10:32:37 AM »
Look in the classifieds forum at a post called performance parts for sale by Notchback... If you are actually serious about building a stroker, you should consider what he has for sale. You will spend more than that to build...

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Engine/body
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:23:16 PM »
hey woodsy, are you in courtenay on the island? that is my old stomping grounds.

for bodywork,  i may be able to point you in the direction of someone who can do it or that will know of someone capable of doing it.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Engine/body
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:26:56 PM »
Look in the classifieds forum at a post called performance parts for sale by Notchback... If you are actually serious about building a stroker, you should consider what he has for sale. You will spend more than that to build...
here is the link to the motor that gavin is talking about. well worth it, imho.

http://www.airspeedparts.com/community-for...=ST&f=24&t=7448

Offline HeliMike

Engine/body
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 06:36:28 PM »
I can move the body pretty much anywhere thats not a problem.  If anyone has any contacts drop me a line.

Yo dude. If you want to go on a sceninc drive to Salmon Arm I'm sure there's a guy up there that can do it for you. Moonlight Customs is the shop. The deviate that runs it  :P  is on this forum under the name slammedbus.
He's got really reasonable rates and he's a VW whore. He's got my wagon and has done plenty of other cars in the area as well.
Cheers
-Mike
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Engine/body
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 07:25:27 PM »
I can move the body pretty much anywhere thats not a problem.  If anyone has any contacts drop me a line.

Yo dude. If you want to go on a sceninc drive to Salmon Arm I'm sure there's a guy up there that can do it for you. Moonlight Customs is the shop. The deviate that runs it  :P  is on this forum under the name slammedbus.
He's got really reasonable rates and he's a VW whore. He's got my wagon and has done plenty of other cars in the area as well.
Cheers
-Mike
WHore???? I resemble that!!!!! Hey, you not like the pics I sent or something?
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline HeliMike

Engine/body
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

WHore???? I resemble that!!!!! Hey, you not like the pics I sent or something?
Pics? What are you talkin' about? I never got any pics  :rolleyes:
You know you have to hit the \"send\" button right?  :P  
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline woodsy

Engine/body
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 10:43:31 PM »
No I am in Campbell River Silas.  even if I was from courteney I wouldn't admit it haha.  Salmon arm would be a good trip.  but if you know of anyone in the area I could let them have a look and give me a heads up what i am lookin at for major work.

Thanks woodsy

Offline rustybus

Engine/body
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 12:09:33 AM »
Major as in what it didn't look that bad in the picks?

Offline James Buchan

Engine/body
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 05:59:29 AM »
Can't go wrong using Jason @ Moonlight - he did my car....

Offline woodsy

Engine/body
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 11:02:25 AM »
To be more specific,  the back apron is cracked, the heater channels are rotted in the back, and a few of the fenders bolts pulled through.  Other than that there is little bondo on the car and it has been de-chromed.  All the window sills are good.  So mostly just taking it to metal and back to paint and fixin all the little dings and aligining the one door.  Easy right..

Yo James that car is nice I was looking at a colour similar to that called copperhead.

Woodsy  

Offline slammedbus

Engine/body
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »
That is in fact copperhead pearlcoat. Got the recipe from Trucks I believe. Sprayed in PPG. I can look at what you got if you want (pretty busy at the moment). Don't be shy to look at both Short's Euro Custom (bellingham) or also Stephan Feeg. From what I have heard Lanny is out of the \"taking on customers\" game for now but you can't go wrong with either Ryan or Stephan (i'm not bad either)

Hope that helps

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline surgerypending

Engine/body
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 04:18:40 PM »
I'm debating taking on a summer project to make some extra cash...just depends on what u need done and how much your willing to spend! I think Geoff could speak for the quality of work I do.
Good luck
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline woodsy

Engine/body
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 05:48:08 PM »
Hey

Well i am aware that you get what you pay for on just about everything i have every bought.  Saying that I still have a budget in mind.  Some things that nead to be done are the heater channels and some fender nuts that pulled while disassembly.  I am sure there will be other surprises once the old paint is removed.  I can say that I am not on much of a time line but this summer is either drivetrain or paint then next year whichever dosnt get done this year.  

Hey Slammed I first saw that paint on a custom Harley a friend was building in Vic, what a sweet colour.

Offline slammedbus

Engine/body
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 06:02:10 PM »
Ya, fun colour for sure. Drastic flop. A guy in town here is spraying his 60's ford crew cab that colour right now. Should look saaawwweeeet.  

Offline woodsy

Engine/body
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 06:07:37 PM »
hey slammed Pm sent