Author Topic: Can I Change My Bolt Pattern?  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Silverblade

Can I Change My Bolt Pattern?
« on: September 22, 2005, 10:26:35 PM »
Besides obviously running adapters, can I semi-easily change my buggy from wide 5 to 4 bolt or the smaller 5 bolt by putting on a different hub?

Offline notchback

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 10:32:17 PM »
You can easily change it over but you would have to run later drums, backing plates and braking pieces to achieve 4 bolt. When you get all of that stuff you have the option to drill for porsche pattern, chevy , ford or newer VW 5 X 100
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »
Better yet do what I did, Go to Airspeed and buy the disc brake set up, Better stopping and 4 bolt ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 06:31:27 PM »
Like they both said it's easy might need differant backing plates when I first changed my drums seems I had to use a spacer on wheel nut. Like Shane say's if you you can afford disc's do it. I changed finally to disc no comparison in stopping and in the rail with a steering brake plus disc unbelivable turning radius and when your on a trail when the unexpected appears to be able to crank the rail around means the differance of possibly being pulled out of a hole!