Author Topic: Update Kit Worth It  (Read 1221 times)

Russ

Update Kit Worth It
« on: February 28, 2006, 05:07:28 PM »
has anybody installed the cb performance update kit in their dellortos?
just curious if it is worth the extra money.
kit is
here
what they have to say about it
here
just looking for some feedback on it
thanks russ

Offline notchback

Update Kit Worth It
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 05:43:49 PM »
I put a kit in my 40mm dells and it did make a big difference. Russ pm Rob because he has some in his 45mm Dells right now.
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Billyisgr8

Update Kit Worth It
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 06:12:39 PM »
If you put in the same size venturies as the update kit you will see the same results.  Of course if you have small vents allready, then you would have to buy larger vents, and you might as well buy the update kit then.  From what I remember   the kit had some massive jets with it, be prepared to buy more.

update kit for 40 dells has a 34mm  venturi
update kit for 45 dells has a 38mm venturi

As for the horizontal discharge tube getting better performance. that is arguable,  word on different forums from people using dyno run engines is it is not much of a difference.  You see the biggest performance from increasing the vent size, which the update kit will give you if your vents are stock small sizes.

Kevin

Russ

Update Kit Worth It
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »
I put a kit in my 40mm dells and it did make a big difference. Russ pm Rob because he has some in his 45mm Dells right now.
funny thing i had been looking for alittle bit now and finally came across a set of 45's i wanted and bought.they are on their way.not 3 days later i saw rob post his on the samba(i believe he already has a deal pending)
i will pm see what he has to say about them
thanks Kevin for the input
russ

Offline Rob DVKK

• http://
Update Kit Worth It
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 11:33:47 PM »
i'm pretty sure that 45's came stock with 38mm vents. I bought 36mm vents and then when I when I went to rebuild the carbs I lost one of the primaries. At this time there were no parts available from replacement parts around no Samba, no Airspeed and only a couple of shows close enough with a decent swap so I switched to the updates. the jetting that comes with them is way too rich. Don't even bother with the 180 airs that come with them.

The kits come with what look like 40 - 41mm vents. If you can call them that. They are almost a straight sleeve. This makes the signal for the idle circuit kind of weak so you have to step up in size to compensate.

They worked great and pulled hard up to 7800 or so on my 1914 with an engle 125. Just be prepared to spend the time with the jetting.