Author Topic: German Autohuas  (Read 3733 times)

Offline kit

• http://
German Autohuas
« on: December 04, 2005, 02:11:10 PM »
goin to send my car to duanes , does he do wheel allignments?

Russ

German Autohuas
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »
i am almost positive that he does not

Offline kit

German Autohuas
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 02:20:40 PM »
thats sucks, hope he can get this car upto snuff, i dont have the time and pattience anymore, i will have to take it some place for the allignment

Russ

German Autohuas
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 03:50:52 PM »
Dales allingment in Langley is very good

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
German Autohuas
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 07:06:10 PM »
Took our Thing to Dale's. Was happy about everything except Duayne left one of the bolt's loose on purpose to make it easier for Dale's to do the alignment (even told me beforehand he did so), and Dale's said it was loose on our invoice and charged us an extra $10 bucks labor to tighten the stupid nut. That was a really cheap grab for cash in my eyes (why would anyone jeapordize their reputation for a lousy ten bucks?). Unfortunatley not many options locally.

Duane is highly reccomended. Does quite a bit for us. ;)  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 07:07:32 PM by vwboop »

Offline kit

German Autohuas
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 08:16:27 PM »
there used to be a vw repair place in pit meadows on hariss road ,  that guy still have a shop?  what are all the vw repair shops, duanes, bugshop and.....?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2005, 08:28:35 PM by kit »

Offline Orangeguy

German Autohuas
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2005, 10:04:51 AM »
I had mine done at Valley Autohouse in Abbotsford, the price was not bad, and if you ask for Garry Frose the job will be good.

Offline kit

German Autohuas
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 01:23:06 PM »
well , the car is at duaynes now , after it is done going to port moody for wheel alignment, then will be complete

Offline zollphie

German Autohuas
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
This is Darryl from Dale's Alignment and Brake.  I was the mechanic who did the alignment on the Thing.  Duane did not leave this \"bolt\" loose to help me complete the alignment but in fact forgot to tighten the lower balljoints nuts and bolts to the steering box loose.  Your posting is untrue as these bolts play no role in doing the wheel alignment and pose a danger if not tightened.  I will continue to charge for work that is not in the scope of a wheel alignment.  And furthermore, our shop is a very busy, high quality shop and we would never go fishing for your $10.  

Offline vwboop

• Chris & Gina
German Autohuas
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 06:39:32 PM »
This is Darryl from Dale's Alignment and Brake.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 06:43:43 PM by vwboop »

Offline Bruce

German Autohuas
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 11:44:44 PM »
$10 to tighten 2 bolts and 2 nuts!  Can I work there???????

Offline kirin

German Autohuas
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 12:33:44 AM »
Actually you know what if you figure out what their shop hourly rate is. And then figure out how long it would take to tighten up those bolts its probably pretty fair.

If you want to make that sort of lootcakage time to have your own shop and shop rate and overhead etc...

If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Bruce

German Autohuas
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:50 AM »
And then figure out how long it would take to tighten up those bolts its probably pretty fair.
Let's see.  The car is already on the hoist and the guy sees the loose steering box and ball joints.  Walk over to the conveniently located tool box and get a 17mm socket, extension and ratchet and 19mm combination wrench.  Then return to the car.  (30 sec).  Tighten the two bolts (30 sec), then the two nuts (30 sec)  Return tools.  (30 sec).

Total time: 2 min.  That makes the shop rate $300/hr.  Even if the guy had a limp and it took twice as long as estimated, I don't know of any independant auto repair shop that gets $150 an hour.

Offline zollphie

German Autohuas
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 12:26:33 AM »
C'mon you guys.  Really now...as a shop mechanic, parts are left loose on a vehicle and I have to torque the lower balljoint nuts down and tighten the steering box mounting bolts, is it not possible that at the time I figured that I have better check the tightness of all the bolts to make sure the front end wasn't going to fall out.  It is in fact my responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is ready to roll in a safe manner.  Do you really think when I charge a relatively cheap price for alignment on older V-dubs that an extra $10 is even an issue.  I'm not ticked off at anybody and I apologize if I offended anyone but let's get real here.  I'm a firm believer that my work is second to none and like I said before and I'll say again; if there is any additional work such as this, I will continue to charge.  That is only fair.  Peace.

Offline suburbiana

• watershed photography
German Autohuas
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 08:13:36 AM »
just my 2 cents in defense of Dale's ...
local minivan dealership informed me during a routine service that there may be an alignment issue, went over to Dale's where Darryl spent a considerable amount of time confirming a) there was no alignment problem, and B) a recommended dealer part change had already been done by him previously (I guess the dealership neglected to detail it in my service history).  His charge for having my car in on a busy Saturday morning? Nothing.  
He could have easily charged me for an alignment, and I may not have been any the wiser, but he didn't.
My discussion with him indicated that their success and longevity in Langley was directly related to their knowledge (alignment professionals) and the reputation - that visit made a huge impact and I still carry his business card in case I need their expertise in the future.

Cheers, Craig

'66 Seasand Bug - SOLD Feb '07

Offline GMB

German Autohuas
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 10:33:36 PM »
I had my 66 fasty 4 wheel aligned at Dales. They had to loosen up my rusty tie rods (which they should'nt have to do) and they dialed in some negative camber without me telling them to (I forgot).  They charged me under a hundred bucks I could'nt believe it. Best part is the car drives like new!

Ca-mon Bruce Lay off! didn't your mom ever tell you \"If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all\"

When was the last time you had your car into anywhere for service. Some people feed their families taking care of other peoples cars. I for one feel great when someone takes the time to go the extra mile to make sure my car is safe. Some folks are not as blessed mechanically as you are and rely on professionals to make sure their cars are safe!

My 2 cent worth I' done now!
     Gary.
Warrior sand rail:
2276cc 82x94
Engle FK-41 with 1.25:1 street style rockers
40x35.5 stock cast single port heads
Single 40mm Kadron w/32vent
Equalizer 5lb pulley
Stock lifters
Stock aluminum pushrods
26mm aluminum oil pump full flow
*Poor mans rack and pinion up front*

Offline kirin

German Autohuas
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 10:52:03 PM »
My point is this.
Bottom line Dale's is a business. Its just an extra special deal that they provide great service(BTW I haven't ever used them before but at work I recommend them all the time). If you would like to take on shop overhead, insurance, employee wages and all and then tighten that bolt then great. Everything costs money sadly...

If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
German Autohuas
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 08:08:02 AM »
Dales did the Speed-E bus and will continue to get my business. In fact we should be sending another car down next week.

$10 to fix a dangerous problem, I'd say you got a deal.  

Offline James Buchan

German Autohuas
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 09:03:26 AM »
Dale get's my business as well - my car will be there in the coming days if I can squeeze it in.

Offline rolls and pleats

German Autohuas
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 09:26:34 AM »
Dale's has done all of my VW's and has always done a great job. Most don't want to touch old VW's and and top of that they actually know the cars. Always careful with my cars and is able to get lowered cars on his rack. A great shop in my opinion.

Offline zollphie

German Autohuas
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »
Thanks to all you guys for understanding.  Keep the V dubs coming and I'll continue to give you all the best service possible.  Had a really nice 58 type I in last week.  Sweet ride.  Empi five spokes, ivory white paint and clean interior.  Forgot the guys name but he drove all the way into Langley from N. Vancouver.  I'll tell you all that it makes our shop feel appreciated when somebody goes that far out of their way to seek us out.  Over and out. :rockon: