Author Topic: buggy insurance  (Read 3093 times)

Offline jeff450x

buggy insurance
« on: May 14, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »
does anyone out there have a off road only buggy insured for use on forestry roads..... I found out  that I need to have $ 200 000.00 liability to keep jonny law happy.The only one I could find to insure off road use only was ICBC  but the price was crazy..
                                  thanks

Billyisgr8

Re: buggy insurance
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:54:14 PM »
A buggy is different than a quad, UTV , but a home built buggy would be classified as .......not sure.  Quad liability is anywhere from $125 - 175 and can be had at Capri insurance or somebody who sells capri insurance.   So not sure if you can get away with it being a ATV or not.  ICBC may be your only liability insurance outlet.

Offline beetlemandan

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:52:34 AM »
i run my baja in the bush constantly and i don't have any insurance at all. i do however have trailer plated on it, along with functioning trailer lights when i drag it home with the tow bar.

the local law hasn't said anything at all, yet. do you need icbc for crown land use?
the customer is always wrong

Offline orangecrush

• Rob McLatchy
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 10:17:46 AM »
Hi, this is Mrs. Orangecrush (insurance broker) You are correct you have to buy the unlicensed motor vehicle policy from ICBC for the liability.  It can be pricey so I usually suggest buying it for the days you need.  I'll post a premium tomorrow so you will all know the cost.  Mrs. O :wub:
1957 dune buggy
2002 beetle
Sunset Buggy Club

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:51:39 PM »
does anyone out there have a off road only buggy insured for use on forestry roads..... I found out  that I need to have $ 200 000.00 liability to keep jonny law happy.The only one I could find to insure off road use only was ICBC  but the price was crazy..
                                  thanks

Re: rail insurance

Offline ScreamnStroker

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 09:14:04 AM »
i think capri does private insurance for buggy's there a site sponser on quads.ca

Offline orangecrush

• Rob McLatchy
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 09:11:41 PM »
"Off Road" insurance is available from ICBC.  Very standard form, used for vehicle storage insurance, actually called an Unlicensed Vehicle Policy (off highway pleasure use or vehicle in storage only - APV45)  The annual cost is $777 (based on Langley)  the premium would be prorated depending how long you want the coverage for; however there is a minimum premium charge of $30.00   This would provide the basic $200,000 third party liability and extending the coverage to include $1 million.  There is also an option to purchase collision and comprehensive coverage. :wub:  Mrs. O
1957 dune buggy
2002 beetle
Sunset Buggy Club

Offline jeff450x

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 08:59:07 PM »
i run my baja in the bush constantly and i don't have any insurance at all. i do however have trailer plated on it, along with functioning trailer lights when i drag it home with the tow bar.

the local law hasn't said anything at all, yet. do you need icbc for crown land use?

legally you need $200 000 liability for forstry road use.