Author Topic: Bad Dealings With Jordan Cyr On The Samba  (Read 1235 times)

Offline James Buchan

Bad Dealings With Jordan Cyr On The Samba
« on: September 02, 2003, 08:41:06 PM »
Here's the story:
1. Started working out a deal on August 13th to purchase a VW child's convertible electric car.
2. Deal was made, money was sent out, and recieved by the seller on Aug 26th.
3. Aug 27th seller contacts me stating that he damaged the car during packing and would send back my money.
4. I return his email asking for pictures before he sends the money as I might be able to repair the damage and we can work out a new deal.
5. We exchange emails for about a week as his \"friend\" has his camera for the weekend to goto a car show. And for some reason he can't get the camera back.
6. Today, Sept 2nd I recieve an email saying he gave it to a friend and kept some parts for himself so in other words I won't see any pictures of the \"damage\"
7. I call his bull and say I don't believe it was ever damaged, and he most likely sold it out from under me after we had a deal and he had my money.
8. He gets real defensive, saying how honest he is blah blah blah.

So basically I am to believe that a car designed and built for a child to drive around and play with can sustain enough damage from falling from a shelf to make it garbage? And then not get any proof or anything. If I had damaged something and the buyer was still interested in it I would do my best to get him pictures so we might be able to work something out, not give him the run around.
The deal was only for 65US shipping included, I have yet to recieve my money back.
So beware of this seller, he was not truthful and forthcoming in my opinion.  

Offline Aircooled Angel

• http://www.kaferkraft.ca
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 08:44:10 AM »
James make sure you add this post to the samba forums. A lot of people ask about sellers etc on there.

I'm sure you already knew that though.

Gl getting your money back, sorry about the car.

65 Bahama Blue Beetle DAILY DRIVING TILL OCTOBER!

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 09:13:46 AM »
Yup posted on the samba and the STF

Offline JSimmons

• http://
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 11:40:04 AM »
Hey James,

Sorry to hear about that.  When things like this happen in our hobby it really peeves me.  Even if it only was a pedal car for a child...its still a fellow VW enthusiast giving another enthusiast the run-around.   ]:(

How did you send the money?  Are going to be able to recover it?

good luck,
Joel
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.  ~Benjamin Franklin