Author Topic: Sooo The Winner Was.........  (Read 2206 times)

Billyisgr8

Sooo The Winner Was.........
« on: August 15, 2003, 11:58:47 PM »
Brian with a 14.3?  on his second run, He can chip in,  I'm not sure what he was shifting at on the second run as I never talked to him after.

Me with a 15.9   I only raced 2 times
I only was shifting at 5500 ( motor pulls right to 6000) and I'm sure there is another 4 tenths as my heads really flow alot more above 5500 and that is where the power really is , but due to all the excitement and the fact I never looked at my tach and was shifting by ear only, which is what I do every time I drive my car,  I'm so used to shifting at 5500, and not where it stops pulling.

No excuses, Brians car was much faster anyway,  There is no 1.5 seconds hiding in my car with this cam  so unless I go bigger he will allways be faster.

so my projected time with 6000 rpm shifts should be 15.5 approx.  My best 60' was 2.138 and best reaction was .570

James well....all he could do was grin for Brian and I.

Brian and I were both shaking for abit after our first runs, hmmm must have been the adreniline.

Kevin
« Last Edit: August 27, 2003, 02:53:39 PM by Billyisgr8 »

Offline captCRUNCH

• http://
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2003, 01:47:24 AM »
what an awsome night!! and a very nice turn out i might add. my best RT was .434, my quickest 1/8 was 11.487 @ 58.35 and the 1/4 at a rip roaring time of 18.541 @ 67.81mph. however on the fun scale i was cutting perfect lights and running 9's. you think next year they would let me take my dirt bike down the track  :blink:  

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2003, 09:25:45 PM »
Yeah that turned out to be a good night of VW action. My car never ran the #'s i wanted but still ran a best (of the night) 12.38 @ 106mph. The last run of the night was a fun one for Lanny and I, The track let us run side by side Burn out contest with Lanny taking the win.

We both launched real hard and my car started to pull the front wheels when the shifter popped out of gear....I slamed it back in and it did the same thing went for second and KA-BOOM Tore all the teeth of second gear. Oh well slam it into third and ran it out to a 102 mph pass.

The drive home was fun with no second gear and a bad clunking trans:-)
Congrats to both Brian and Kevin...............and James for making it so lively on the forum;-)

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2003, 11:02:36 PM »
Nice werk guys, hey how did you get a .434 reaction time, i thought the best you can get is .500, hmmmmmmmmmmm. Nice runs Jim, 11.63 is a sweet time, especially considering you didnt have first gear. I enjoyed the wheelies too, hold that gear shifter in place eh, hahaha. good times guys, and we shall see you all at the show.  :rockon:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2003, 11:03:16 PM by KOOL-AID MAN »

Offline captCRUNCH

• http://
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2003, 01:14:35 AM »
its a different type of tree out at mission (they changed to this one this year so i've been told). i saw a guy out there that i used to deliver to when i worked at napa and he was trying to explain it to me. a .000 would be a perfect light. i know i didn't red light so i have no idea. hey what happens if you do red light? do you still get a time slip with a time on it? just wonderin

Billyisgr8

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 05:39:38 AM »
we were running on a .400 tree

A perfect light would have been .400 so a .435 is very good.  

There is .400 betwen the yellows lighting and the green coming on.

Kevin

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 02:50:58 PM »
Hmmmm, Thats weird, I guess my buddy's reaction times werent as good as he thought then, hahaha, I'll have to show him this, well congrats with that reaction time, thats pretty damn good, ohh and if you do red light I think they still show your reaction time on the slip,                     lata

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 07:38:13 AM »
What a blast! Even though I have some engine problems right now it was worth it. My best time was a 14.32 @93mph. With some more tuning we think it will see the high 13 seconds. Im sure eveyone is glad all the smack talk is over with now, but Im sure as James gets close to getting his car done it will start all over again. Ill be waiting, as long as I dont die of thirst!

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 09:46:36 AM »
You mean I have to smack talk you about being a light weight drinker now!!!

Offline red snapper

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 10:48:35 AM »
Light weight? it better not be Bud light. You should be in your garage working on your car, this way you MIGHT have it ready for next year. HURRY HURRY.  

Billyisgr8

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2003, 02:58:52 PM »
I bought some beer from Safeway for you but my dog seemed to like the cans, so I need to buy some more.

Are you wanting cash??  I hear you are needing to upgrade your awthom motor from the hard 56 miles you've put on it. :lol:

Actually I didn't get beer from safeway, just kidding.

Cash or beer let me know.

Kevin

Offline red snapper

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2003, 03:45:15 PM »
My dog loves beer as well. I will take the beer, theres no hurry (dont tell James that though!) As far as my motor goes the problem was with the valve seat coming out. What can you do when someone says that theyre good you can only take them at their word. Oh well, it was a lesson learned.I guess I will be shopping around for some new heads soon.

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2003, 03:56:00 PM »
I'm always shopping around for new head(s) just dont tell cindy....Your screwed now Brian, come Matt's house warming party you are giong to have alot of beer to drink....You wanted O'Doul's beer right?