Author Topic: Brad's Toy  (Read 1261 times)

Offline pockets

• http://
Brad's Toy
« on: March 24, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
1968 Type 1 desteen to be a daily driver

Engine 1973 California stock w/supergo cam
Engine, tyranny, Brakes, all completely rebuilt
Working on the wiring

Engine and Tranny done by my son @ BCIT
Brakes done by myself and steve_32 helped finnish them off as I could not solve the last little problem.

Floors are in heater channels next, still can not remove the two bolt mounted where the rear wheels are, if I can not get the heater channels to fit I'll have to cut them off and remove the body, do not wish to do that.

Steve said he could help with floor pans and heater channels then it will be on the road

Planning to buy some seats off Steve as well,

All electrical works...... intermitantly we are currently replaceing flasher unit, wiper switch, and emergency flasher switch.

I have a gas heater that mounts above the tranny plus enough information to get it working I hope, once, wife desided this was unsafe so when I am ready I'll look for one that mounts in front of the driver

Engine running well, faulty condenser and ground strap
Floor Pan is in, next is heater channels 22 Aug 2006
Getting closer
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:01:02 PM by pockets »
Ubique
1968 bug

Offline pockets

• http://
Brad's Toy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »
Well when I said the electrical was intermitant I was not kidding.  Looking into it further, Regulator fried and Generator variable 0- 17 amps.

Just purchased a 51 amp Alternator kit from Air Speed and will put that in soon.

Carb was put together incorrectly by previous owner, plug in idle jet idle jet in air bleed, so we stripped it down and started again rebuilding it properly, still runs like shit because of the fluckuating power, hopefully this will fix it.

Wiring----wipers, turn signals, headlight, all work horn works and also goes off while going around corners, I think the wire needs replacing.

Picked up the heater channel DVD from egsop and ordered the pan one from Bug me videos.

Once the engine is running properly, pan and heater channels next, end August God willing

Oh yeah also pick a cool wooden gear shift knob in Surrey
Ubique
1968 bug