Author Topic: Carb Backfiring?  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Swartz

• http://
Carb Backfiring?
« on: September 06, 2006, 06:51:39 PM »
hey,

lets see if i can explain this properly.... the day before wcsd i was out driving my car and it was running well, i drove about 10 blocks around my neighbourhood, a couple higher rpm pulls, and the car was still running well. about a block away from my house the car started popping and running shitty. i ended up getting it home and just let it sit. a couple hours later i went to go drive it and it was fine, than in the morning drove from delta, to whiterock to the show, it was lacking power but wasnt popping. leaving the show it ran like shit till just getting into delta it had no power and i couldnt drive it anymore. I thought it might have been my ignition....( 6al box, msd billet dist. msd wires) so i checked all my wires and connections but it didn't seem to help. later i noticed my intake was loose and could be rocked back and forth, i pulled my carb and intake off to check if i blew the gasket out, it was still there and looked okay so i bolted it back down. i ended up screwing up my linkage so i havent been able to try it again yet, but i was just wondering what else it could be? valves? ignition? carb jetting?

the motor is a 2054cc with ida's, full msd ignition, header, etc.

thanks
Everything takes time

Offline Bruce

Carb Backfiring?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 03:28:14 AM »
Sounds like you already found the problem, a loose manifold.