Author Topic: Oil Light Flash  (Read 1089 times)

Offline starsky

• http://
Oil Light Flash
« on: March 27, 2006, 10:57:19 PM »
Last week i decided I didn't like the position of the remote oil filter on my bug. It was up in the rear driver's fender and the lines running to it were hanging a little low for my liking. So i relocated it to inside the engine compartment. everything seemed swell with it, then i went to go out Thur night and driving up my street the oil light flickered a couple times. I didn't wanna risk it so i parked it till the next day when i could check it out. Next day everything was fine, took it for a spin and nothing. Now tonight, again flickered a couple times on my way home then gone. I've driven it all day with no sign of trouble, and it's only done it those 2 times. Just wondering if maybe with the filter being mounted higher up the oil pump is too weak to pump up through the lines. Any ideer's would be greatly appreciated.

RespectPrideLoyalty

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Oil Light Flash
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:00:29 PM »
You don't mention how long it had been running before the oil light flickered or if it was the first time you revved it up but is there a chance the oil is draining out of the filter when parked and the flicker is caused by a big bubble going through the system?
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline starsky

• http://
Oil Light Flash
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 09:07:43 PM »
Well it seems like it's only happening within the first 10 min of driving. But any of the times it has happened have been on shorter drives, so I don't know for sure. The air bubble could be an idea. There doesn't really seem to be any kind of trigger for when the light flickers though. Sometimes when I'm on the gas, sometimes off. I'm gonna try replacing the sending unit first, see if that makes a difference.  
RespectPrideLoyalty