Author Topic: align boring, anyone local who does it?  (Read 2998 times)

Offline VWinTHEblood

align boring, anyone local who does it?
« on: July 02, 2008, 04:07:31 PM »
hello i am starting a rebuild on a 1600 sp for my bus. the case needs to be machined does anyone local align bore cases? thanks

Offline VWinTHEblood

Re: align boring, anyone local who does it?
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »
i already tried the search feature and came up with nothing.

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:12:58 PM »

Below is a copy of all the an\\entries under:

"Topic: where in Vancouver to get VW parts and machine shop " by hank on May 11, 2008, 11:00:49 AM :\:

Try AVR , they advertise here.

High Performance Engines in Burnaby can balance your engine bits.  They can do a valve job too..

Radio stations? Try www.krocheads.com . I think the website is undergoing upgrades, but there should be a link to email.

I don't think there is a "one stop machine shop" for VW, in Vancouver. You'll have to do a bit of driving around, depending on what kind of work you want done.

What kind of machine work are you looking for?.

Offline Bruce

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:37:27 PM »
... does anyone local align bore cases?
Darren does.  Contact him here:

kroc@shaw.ca

Offline VWinTHEblood

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 12:30:13 AM »
cool. thanks a lot for the responses, i appreciate it.

Offline 85fastlane

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:13:14 PM »
I found this topic while searching for machine shops to do work on my case, as I'm getting set to start a stock, reliable 1600 rebuild. I've gotten a lot of help and parts from AVR so far into the Square, but was surprised to read on here to try them for machining, I didn't think they did any. I went in there today to inquire and as suspected they don't do any machine work themselves, they outsource. Just thought I'd clarify. Apparently they give their work to The Bug Shop in Delta, so I'll be going there. Hope this is helpful to anyone else looking for local machining.

Cheers,

Lane
'69 VW Squareback (ratty daily)

I'm a full-time student and part-time writer. Visit my blog to see some of my work.
http://bylaneanderson.blogspot.com/

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:07:23 PM »
I found this topic while searching for machine shops to do work on my case, as I'm getting set to start a stock, reliable 1600 rebuild. I've gotten a lot of help and parts from AVR so far into the Square, but was surprised to read on here to try them for machining, I didn't think they did any. I went in there today to inquire and as suspected they don't do any machine work themselves, they outsource. Just thought I'd clarify. Apparently they give their work to The Bug Shop in Delta, so I'll be going there. Hope this is helpful to anyone else looking for local machining.

Cheers,

Lane
It's prob GMB doing it :laugh:

Offline 85fastlane

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:19:02 PM »
Haha, you mean The Bug Shop outsources too?? Who should I go to directly to have some simple machining done then? Just an align bore, tap for full flow, balance some internals and do any necessary crank and cam reconditioning. I would rather deal with a machinist directly. Who's GMB?

I'm a full-time student and part-time writer. Visit my blog to see some of my work.

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 07:39:44 PM »
I would take to Darren.

kroc@shaw.ca

CHEECH

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2008, 08:52:56 AM »
I would take to Darren.

kroc@shaw.ca

I agree dood....

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
Haha, you mean The Bug Shop outsources too?? Who should I go to directly to have some simple machining done then? Just an align bore, tap for full flow, balance some internals and do any necessary crank and cam reconditioning. I would rather deal with a machinist directly. Who's GMB?

Gary is From Cali Imports . He helps Ed out at the bug shop in his not so spare time! :laugh:

another Gary not GMB

Offline Bubba

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »

Cheers,

Lane

Have you thought about starting off with a new case?
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline 85fastlane

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 10:34:55 PM »
I can't justify the cost. If the case is shot (don't have it apart yet) then maybe. But I'm a student, haha, small budget. Whatever is original German parts and can be reused, or reconditioned and reused, will be. I've heard it's actually a better way to go anyways, as long as what you're working with is in good shape. For a dead stock 1600 anyways.