Author Topic: Air Bags In A Bus Is That Crazy  (Read 1681 times)

Offline 1969deluxebus

• Cruising in a Bay is the only way.
Air Bags In A Bus Is That Crazy
« on: May 16, 2004, 02:55:41 AM »
my buddy just bought a bus and he has a really sweet hook up with a  guy who does air bags i told him that u can't just throw air bags into a bus it is diffrent. i think i am right but i thought i would ask  the forum. I know you can buy a beam that is set up for air bags but just putting air bags in to the bus can it eb doen with out major modes and is it really worth it???
I told him just get an airspeed beam and he will be set for lowering it and it is a good and price wise kit, but hey wants to put an air bag kit in if i coudl get soem advice and wisdom on the subject it would be chill thanks
Matt Street
I love driving and I love driving either my bay window or TDI

Offline SINGLECAB

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 04:22:49 PM »
I was checking out thesamba.com today and came across a thread about airbags in a bus. They directed me to airkewld they have a kit for buses front and rear, they aren't available yet but they will be soon.  

Offline hellgti

• http://
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 04:24:41 PM »
the airkewld kits are not a bag set up.  the beetle kits are an air shock upfront with a bag out back.  i would probably guess their bus kits will be the same becuase this is the path of the least modification.  check out www.ridetech.com.  they have what is basicly a shock inside a bag set up meant for hotrods.  it'll bolt to your stock shock mounts on your beam.  also, check out www.airbagit.com. they have bus kit in the works