Author Topic: Parking Break  (Read 1159 times)

Offline tanman

• http://
Parking Break
« on: September 21, 2006, 05:51:38 PM »
hey, quick question. today i was going to park on a hill and i pulled up the parking break and something busted.
anyway the button is popped out and the spring and all that, and i cant seem to get it back in.
im wondering if something snapped off... like does something hold in that spring and button? are there teeth that are supposed to hold it all in that i grided off or something?

i can see on the underside of the lever right by the button there is like a small rectangular cutout of the lever...
is there supposed to be a piece or something in there that broke?

do i need a new parking break lever?
thanks so much guys

tanner
tanner

Offline Hansk

Parking Break
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:57 PM »
not dvkk but..
Your rear brakes probably need adjusting , the handle came up too far and
the little rocking arm inside the handle flipped around and the button and rod came unhooked and shot out. You just need to reverse all that.  Lift the handle way up again while you insert the button and rod and with your 3rd hand and a small screw driver or something , find and flip the rocker around so the rod will catch it and the little teeth are down so they can match up with the teeth on the base. Simple ;)  This probably all wont make any sense but it actually is simple.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 05:49:30 PM by Hansk »
Big fat black fastback

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
Parking Break
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 10:02:58 PM »

I had to take the whole assembly apart and put it back toguether. Once you do it (take it  apart) you understand it. Takes about 1/2  hr.

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
Parking Break
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 10:31:59 PM »
I had to take the whole assembly apart and put it back toguether. Once you do it (take it  apart) you understand it. Takes about 1/2  hr.
I agree. Could be broken cables also, mine went south awhile, easy fix.