Author Topic: Hulk Dyno Results!  (Read 9020 times)

Offline Darren

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2005, 08:06:08 AM »
Hey Billy DREAM ON!Go back to your little fantasy land where single ports dominate the drags!

Funny...this is where vw racing started in the sixties.....All this motor will be capapble of is 11 seconds...definitly not dominating in any books.   Suprising for a singleport ......sure. You share the same attitude as most people towards the singleport.

Merry Christmas everyone, yes you too Darren. 

I look forward to seeing Shanes dyno #s since this is what this thread is supposed to be about.

Kevin
Merry X-mas to you to Kevin,  Look forward to seeing you and your 11 second car this coming summer. ^_^

I'm done with this thread now.  Thanks folks!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 08:07:09 AM by Darren »

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »
Man I swear....just sitting back and reading this stuff is entertaining.........Where's twitchy???  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2005, 09:05:44 AM »
This is like Christmas morning! I come in and get to open one of the best threads in a long time :lol:

If thing's have been changed in the motor whats the point in guessing? You need to list the parts and changes so everyone has a guideline to go from. Otherwise whats the point.

Kevin, We all know the first race engines were singleports. The only reason they were is because they had nothing else to work from. If they had 910 heads and flanged cranks back then you wouldn't see them building 1500cc SP 12;1 motors would ya?

Anyway, It's been fun to read all this now if Shane would post a # we can get past this. B)  

Russ

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2005, 09:14:43 AM »

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2005, 09:28:42 AM »
Ahhhhhh What a Great day!! No one fighting, Christmas spirit everywhere! I love you guys!

Oh and by the way 362HP 312Ft Is my guess!!
Cheers!

1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline steiner

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2005, 04:50:19 PM »
Hey Silas.I really enjoyed those video clips.You and me must think alike.I was going to do the same damn thing! They speak for themselves!
1964 21 bus

Offline Needles

• http://
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2005, 04:57:40 PM »
"Yea... you either........That is why I said it will depend on how hard they want to push it. Most guys will let off the gas when it gets squirly....very few will lay into it harder and steer out of it. My guess is since these are high $$$ cars they will let off of it. Mind over matter ($$$)"

Oh boy here we go!

Maybe this one should go to the Thug room,LOL!
 :lol:  :lol:  

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2005, 06:22:14 PM »
Hey Silas.I really enjoyed those video clips.You and me must think alike.I was going to do the same damn thing! They speak for themselves!
great minds think alike.  B)

i love virtual drag racing.

Offline KOOL-AID MAN

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2005, 07:11:55 PM »
362 at the wheels.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2005, 07:38:52 PM »
Wow, this thread sure took a left turn....First off, Billy you need to relax.. I don't see why we are arguing with the best builder Canada has to offer... Darren is known through out North America for his head porting and engine building expertise...I am only looking to stay in the game next year. I don't have eny plans to run any faster than I have.... I planned on coming down here a long time ago and getting a vacation out of it.

My engine problems, I am chalking up to my inexperiance,,,, But once you have played with the big boys it is hard to go back....I am lucky that I can still afford to play this hard.

Darren, Geoff, and Jim have been very supportive and I want to thank them for all the help and advice since
i have been down here..

Better to remind silent and be thought a fool, than speak out and remove all doubt, That was for you Kevin ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Russ

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2005, 09:52:13 AM »
back on topic did this thing get dyno'd yet??

Offline Klaatu

• http://www.airspeedparts.com
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2005, 11:06:41 AM »
Are we still guessing Hp figures?  I will guess.......let see......hmmmmmm.....what was the highest guess , 550 ? I will guess 551 , ohh hold on a second I don't want anyone to think I smoke crack toooooooooo!  :wacko:  If you are going to torture it, I will guess 333 hp . Good luck big green one ! Keep us updated. I hope Santa puts some tranny gears in your stocking. TJ
I can't reach the bottom but I sure bang the sh*t out of the sides....

Offline Boost_Retard

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2005, 03:12:12 PM »
These dyno HP numbers everyone is throwing out..is this with or without NOS???
i guessed 390 something i think.. it could be done..it has been done...we should get more specifics on exactly how much boost is being run...and really the motor specs...

i cant guess a real number unless i have something to base it on

333 sounds like a good number...with a life span...

Cale

Offline Chris

• Car.
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2005, 05:53:13 PM »
you know what just take a stab at it, its just for a hot wheels!  

Offline Boost_Retard

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2005, 05:59:54 PM »
But i love hotwheels!  :wub:  :wub:

Offline 1blk66

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2005, 04:31:19 PM »
Wow.
Being new to the VW seen and running my mean 1300, these numbers blow me away. So I figured I would flip through a few VW Trends because I remembered a couple of big Turbo's, but can't find them. One was ORANGE and I think was running a 2332 that was like 322 hp. But I also remeber a turbo oval 56 or 57 that grased the cover and I think it was around 5something at 18lbs.

Hulk I like GREEN better than ORANGE so I'm gonna guess 409 (because I like the old impala's) Keep in mind this guess is a completely uneducated 0 experience guess. All I know for sure is I have got to get to Mission and see the HULK and FLOSSIN and Darren K run and when I fall into some money I'm going to be asking for all of your input when it comes to replacing the 1300.

So HULK, safe trip back. FLOSSIN pass on a Merry XMas to Greg and the clan (do you still have that 2275 you were selling ?)    

To all, have a drink but not to many (and don't get behind the wheel's of your rides, we need to keep them alive.). Have a Merry XMAS and I hope to meet alot more of you in the New Year.

Cheers    

Offline LIQUID

• http://
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #76 on: December 25, 2005, 05:06:56 AM »

Stephan Schmidt

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #77 on: December 25, 2005, 03:49:21 PM »
Shane,

Are the Lauffers (spelling?) building the motor this time around?

Its difficult to guess the numbers, but I will try at 350'ish WHP.

Lanny & Darren said it the best to me last year at the Java Hut:

\"Its impressive anyway you look at it.  Getting 7 times the horsepower over stock out of a pushrod motor whose technology has been revamped year after year is amazing!\"

Stephan

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #78 on: December 27, 2005, 09:05:45 AM »
Come on Hulky....don't leave us hangin
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2005, 09:42:46 AM »
Where is the big guy?? Did he get lost on the I-5 somewhere?  He sure is quiet, hope everything worked out on his car. But if I was a betting man (which Im Not) I'll say .........266 hp. Come on big guy give us the poop.

Offline James Buchan

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2005, 09:47:53 AM »
I talked to SHane on Xmas day when he was at Disneyland and they planned on heading north that evening or next morning so he is likely on the road home somewhere right now.

I'm sure mister fullofpoop will be back soon.  -_-  

Offline OUTKAST

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2005, 12:25:18 PM »
I'm gonna go 286 if guess 's are still open hopefully higher though .Hope to hear some results soon .Safe trip home Shane .Hope you had fun my kids and I can,t wait to do Disney again  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 12:25:50 PM by OUTKAST »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2005, 08:34:14 PM »
Hey guys, We are back.
Things did not go as planned at VW Paradise, we only dyno'ed at 17.86 lbs boost. She came in at 280hp with 260 torque, We ran out of time, However we have a little somethin somethin planned... ;)  Spent X-mas day at Dinsey , we were told that it was a record breaking day and they stopped admissions into the park... ( Little too busy for me) Next day we headed up to 6 flags, The last time I was there I was 15, so memory must have been a little blurred... first there was a Police station at the front gate and then when they made us go through the metal detector to get in, I thought man has this placed changed :huh: . So after the short stay there we headed for the grapevine and and it started to rain and did not stop until we crossed the border...All is home and safe...
I will fill you guys in more later

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chris

• Car.
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2005, 08:52:46 PM »
OUTKAST takes the win with the closest guess, PM me your address and I will send it up to you
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 08:52:55 PM by 1976BUS »

Offline Hansk

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2005, 11:52:14 PM »
17.86 lbs. ???  ...........is that with a zero?  Imagine if you hit 17.870 :rockon: .... :P  :lol:   Lets just call it 18 lbs. :blush:

Glad to here your back and all is well. :D  
Big fat black fastback

Offline red snapper

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2005, 06:56:01 AM »
Shane, you guys must be sick of Disneyland by now. Good to have you back. You may have been dissapointed by the horsepower dyno, but if you look on the bright side you will hopefully get more than 2 passes in total next year.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2005, 08:52:05 AM »
Actually I am not dissapointed... It was agreat trip, I learned alot. Yes I am am sick of disneyland.. However Space Mountian was open and I really enjoyed that.
Hans I was only printing what the dyno printed. wanted to be exact... ;)
Watching the car on the dyno was very kewl...
Couple more fine tuning and the car will be good to go...
Now hopefully everyone else will get their cars on the road for this year
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Russ

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2005, 09:15:13 AM »
However Space Mountian was open and I really enjoyed that.

i have been back to disneyland a few times and the ONLY time i got to ride space mountain was when i was in grade 4.glad you had a good trip Shane

russ

Offline red snapper

Hulk Dyno Results!
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2005, 09:23:43 AM »
280 is nothin to sneeze at! Sounds like you guys had a great time.