Author Topic: Whats Wrong With This Picture?  (Read 6846 times)

Offline GRK

• http://
Whats Wrong With This Picture?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 06:43:20 PM »
Ok OK... lets go back waaaaaaaaayyyyy back........
THat was the purple buggy... How many buggies ago????
But I did.However have not done it since.....and not recently...."Mr. If i go fast enough I will go through that sand hill" hm guess not.... Gary are you dead or did you just S**t your pants???
 :lol:  :lol:  :huh:
It's hard to run out of gas if you don't go , :angry: you better be carful with those new side drafts next time it might drink fuel like mad. If you were to bring someone gas again when he run's out  I know he'd sell or trade a keg tank![_[  :mullet:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 09:04:13 PM »
YOu see,,,, I always check my fuel before I head out.... ;)
UNlike Brent and some other Keg guy who thinks he only has to fuel up once for a week
 :wacko:

Ha Ha Now next time I go out I will run out

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 09:10:12 PM »
Hanzk point blank am I just behind you on these sites? Pointblank may run out of gas but shouldn't break anymore trany's  Brent's pit crew checked the fuel and added but mis camunication as to how much:rockon:  :mullet:  

Offline UPM1

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2004, 09:30:38 PM »
Ha Ha Now next time I go out I will run out
Well I guess we don't have to worry about that happening any time soon, cause you never come anyways.  Maybe you should teach your wife how to drive a stick(other than mine), and put some miles on that shit can. :P

This is a invitation to all those people that actually show up at the dunes, we have been invited to a place called Beverly, WA leaving Wednesday evening April 21 and returning Sunday the 25th.  It's about 4 hours away but be warned that aren't very big dunes.  The weather is awesome and there are 4-6 other buggies going and quads, all friends, one from Delta (Chad) and the rest from the US.  
Everyone is welcome and the more the merrier.  Oh ya this is real camping no hook ups or running water.  Ruffing it!!!  This is our next trip.

Offline GRK

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2004, 09:56:26 PM »
Upm1 where in WA how does it compare to Sandlake have you been there before? :mullet:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 06:16:46 AM »
:wacko:  :wacko: Sandlake lake is like 1000X better from what others have told me. This is like silt not sand.....Maybe your buggy will last more than one day Chris..... NOt sure If I could go all that way to just look at a $30,000 Rail :wacko:

Maybe when your wife is not over \"having coffee\" Licking the cream off my Mocha.. with me you could get her to fix your buggy RIGHT!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

But having said that Gary..... any dunes are better than your buggy sitting at home on your trailer......

Sorry Chris we will be Skiing..... :rockon:  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 07:24:42 AM by Pointblank »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Hi-Jumper II

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 12:18:06 PM »
Are these dates of Easter??????

Offline GRK

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2004, 03:34:59 PM »
High Jumper no that's not Easter. Easter is April 9-april 12. PointBlank you should know about leavin a buggy on (in) a trailer your speaking from experiance (thanksgiving spring break)! Can you run paddles or is it better to run dirt tires in WA? :wacko:  ;)  :mullet:  

Offline Hi-Jumper

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2004, 06:25:30 PM »

Hey compandres !!

As long as it is not Easter I'd go for that.
Fill me in if anyone else is into going.
If it's just Chris in I them, chances are I'll be running by myself again, (sorry buddy I know you have a problem with the throttle and breaking shit)  :D  :D  :D

I mean that in a good way   :P  :P  

Offline UPM1

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2004, 08:13:54 PM »
The sand at Beverly is fine, its Moses Lake sand that is like silt/ash.  If Pointblank hadn't cancelled that trip as well, he would have known that!!

Gary you can run paddles or dirt tires, either one will do...

Thanks for the dig HI Jumper!!  I am workin on the tranny as we speak.  No expensive parts broken.  At least at these dunes we won't have problems getting back to camp.  Not too many big dunes to be towed up!!

I forgot to mention last time, that you don't have to pay to stay there either.  It is free!  Bonus... :D
Keep us posted!

Offline GRK

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2004, 10:18:52 PM »
UPM if I can't make it do you want to borrow my tow rope ? Maybe take Rayne's advice keep the throttle wired to 1/2! :mellow:  :o  :D  :P  :mullet: Don't forget to take a spare Tranny! :mullet:  
« Last Edit: March 26, 2004, 10:20:11 PM by GRK »

Offline UPM1

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2004, 08:41:44 AM »
Wow,
This is the first time I have ever broken on one of our trips and been down for the count. But by the way I've been getting ribbed you would think that It was a regular occurrence for me.
But just remember i have towed many of you guy's in the past up the steepest dunes.
Hell Shane blew 3 trannies last trip...

Offline GRK

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2004, 03:33:18 PM »
Wow,
This is the first time I have ever broken on one of our trips and been down for the count. But by the way I've been getting ribbed you would think that It was a regular occurrence for me.
But just remember i have towed many of you guy's in the past up the steepest dunes.
Hell Shane blew 3 trannies last trip...
Upm yes I know and a high percentage of those tows you gave were to me! :P  I still owe you a few more tow's. I just thought I'd better get the ribbing in now cause it might be a long time before you break again ,afterall your motto is if it breaks make it bigger and better! I may never be able to tow you again but Iam sure you'll use the purple tool box again. :D  :mullet:  :mullet:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2004, 04:11:19 PM »
THe reason for your ribbing is cause of all the bragging you did about your Rail and sandshowers...... and besides you rib us all the time...Sweet Cheeks :wub:
all my trannies were stockers BTW.... :wacko:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2004, 07:54:35 PM »
THe reason for your ribbing is cause of all the bragging you did about your Rail and sandshowers...... and besides you rib us all the time...Sweet Cheeks :wub:
all my trannies were stockers BTW.... :wacko:
Yes they were all stock but after the first would've been nice to take it a little easy and finish trip Mr pinto bean \"I'm going to dump the clutch and sand shower\" with 2 not 3 trany re and re's in 3 nights.  Pointblank at least we did have spare tranny Upm didn't even bother bringing one of the 2 spare's that was on his bench! :huh:  :wacko:  :mullet:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2004, 08:31:35 PM »
Did you miss my post from weeks agao about how when we get in our rails the brains get out????
YOur just jealous cuz you dont have enough HP to wreck a Tranny :lol:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline GRK

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2004, 08:45:26 PM »
OuchThat one hurt! I had enough to pull Upm that makes me happy enough! :D  :D  :mullet:Remember who's rail gave you the best down hill ride on Banshee hill at Winchester oh yea the one you didn't want to ride in mine!  :blink:  :wacko:  :rockon:  :mullet:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 09:37:10 PM by GRK »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2004, 10:26:31 PM »
Must admit I would have never done that in my rail... Probably was the most fun I have ever had on the dunes as well.......However had you had disc brakes and could have truned around you would have never gone down that either!!! :blink:  We had no choice.. :rockon:  :mullet:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline UPM1

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2004, 10:07:52 AM »
It's only a matter of time before the ribbing will be back at you once you drive that car of yours. And it sounds like your close..
You'll do something stupid. And then all your bragging will come back on you!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2004, 11:18:01 AM »
YOu know once I get in I give the brain to you Chris!!! :huh:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline speedracer

« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2004, 02:47:30 PM »
I'm lovin'n it, all this love in the air, if you guys come to Beverly I promise to light the sky with a tranny case or two, anyone who's seen them burn will sighn on right away.
I am going to sit out a race in sacramento to come down.
It's fun small and pretty close,
Next big trip is St Anthonys Idaho. the big ones, July 11th week, book it now!!!
I will bring all the trannys,
Shane you might have to stay home those Fords might not make it over the Cascades
That pinto bean running yet??
RR

Offline GRK

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2004, 03:24:04 PM »
I'm lovin'n it, all this love in the air, if you guys come to Beverly I promise to light the sky with a tranny case or two, anyone who's seen them burn will sighn on right away.
I am going to sit out a race in sacramento to come down.
It's fun small and pretty close,
Next big trip is St Anthonys Idaho. the big ones, July 11th week, book it now!!!
I will bring all the trannys,
Shane you might have to stay home those Fords might not make it over the Cascades
That pinto bean running yet??
RR
I heard it's running from the Garage to the trailer! :mullet:  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2004, 05:11:55 PM »
Are you guys trying to make me cry??? :(
I shoved that wreck back into the storage and put the \"HULK \" in the trailer....
Summer is here and time to get the car out...
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Hansk

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2004, 05:50:29 PM »
HEY HEY HEY!!!!! What's with burning up all these case's???
They don't grow on trees ya know!!!
Big fat black fastback

Offline GRK

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2004, 07:03:04 PM »
HEY HEY HEY!!!!! What's with burning up all these case's???
They don't grow on trees ya know!!!
Hansk is the Grennpeacer of the Vw burning a tranny case even a bad one is sacraligious! All Vw part's in Hansk's eyes are to be reborn! If it wasn't for Hanzk and his inventory may of us would still have broken rails. If all else fails give it to Hansk he'll use it or file it numerically in his wondorus warehousing system:mullet: :P  
« Last Edit: April 02, 2004, 07:19:26 PM by GRK »

Offline Hansk

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2004, 10:29:44 PM »
Wondrous is right!  As in \"I wonder were I put that thing? :huh: \"
   It's in here somewhere.   :blink:  
Big fat black fastback

Offline UPM1

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2004, 12:17:54 AM »
Hey Hans

I got a case for you and a ring and pinion.  Split the damn case right down the side and spit the ring and pinion out.

It's never going to happen again though, I welded magnesium gussets on the sides.  It's an opportunity not a problem, now I can make it stronger!

I wonder where this will transfer the breakage to now??  

Hey GRK and Hi Jumper are you coming to Beverly??

Offline Hansk

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2004, 08:38:26 AM »
OK OK  you can burn that one. :(
but you will strip everything out of it first won't you?
Throw out shaft, bearings,reverse shaft, studs,etc :huh:  
Big fat black fastback

Offline Hansk

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2004, 09:25:35 AM »
Oh, and  another thought,.....  now I'm no engineer, but it would seem to me that when a mechanical device keeps breaking because of unnecessary repeated sudden extream high shock load spikes that the logical solution would be to somehow engineer away those unnecessary shock load spikes rather than OVER build the device to withstand those SPIKES.
...just a thought :P  
Big fat black fastback

Offline GRK

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2004, 10:35:51 AM »
Oh, and  another thought,.....  now I'm no engineer, but it would seem to me that when a mechanical device keeps breaking because of unnecessary repeated sudden extream high shock load spikes that the logical solution would be to somehow engineer away those unnecessary shock load spikes rather than OVER build the device to withstand those SPIKES.
...just a thought :P
The extream schock load is UPM foot standing on the throttle? Or figure a way to buid a stronger after market ring and pinion? Do you mean to start just a little easier,and not wind a ring and pinion meant for 40 horsepower up to 10,000rpm then dump the clutch.

Don't think I can make it to Beverly what was the date? I think last time I checked daughters both have a dance competion the entire weekend. Sure wish I could go buggy on a trailer is a waste of a buggy!

On the first day Give your rail a little TLC would Ya, beat the crap out of it the last day! :mullet:  :mullet: