Author Topic: Engine  (Read 1551 times)

Offline B Easy

• http://
Engine
« on: November 22, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »
Hey guys.. im a retard and i filled my oil up to high :angry: .. so i started it and it was running shitty.. i didnt screw up antyhing major thankfullly.. well i think... i drained it out..a nd everything is running fine accept there is this small tinging noise ... but it sounded like it was comming sort of from the fan shroud... so i took the belt off and the noise wasnt there.. so i ripped out the alternator.. and saw a lil spot where the fan was rubbing ... so i stripped it all apart and and re-ded ever last bolt and screw on the alternator... and that made it so it wasnt rubbing.. i can tell my fan is sorta bent.. a tiny bit! but when i put it all back together it still made the noise.. again.. i took off the belt and it was gone.. i dunno ... has anybody come across this problem or could help guide me into what the heck is going on... thanks guys...

Offline volksbug

Engine
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 11:36:25 PM »
Could be the fan shroud is tweaked a bit too. Try changing the shims between the fan and the Generator hub (or alt.) Most of the time they have about 3 shims, try taking one out, or if theres only 1  or 2 try putting one in. Just a little playing around with the shims  untill it doesn't rub, unless the fan shroud is really bent, generally f rom a rear end collision.    :wacko:    Marcel
PS I'm not DVKK but i thought i'd put my 2 cents in since no one replied. hope i didn't step on any ones thread.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 11:41:39 PM by volksbug »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Engine
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 07:44:45 AM »

PS I'm not DVKK but i thought i'd put my 2 cents in since no one replied. hope i didn't step on any ones thread.
We do it all the Time... ;)  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Bruce

Engine
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:37:24 PM »
.. i can tell my fan is sorta bent.. a tiny bit!
You have to straighten your fan.  When its out, the deft use of a rubber hammer will straighten it.