Author Topic: Wtb Split Bus Rear Brakes  (Read 951 times)

Offline buses

Wtb Split Bus Rear Brakes
« on: May 19, 2004, 10:41:43 AM »
Looking for the equiliser bar, e-brake lever and pin from the brake shoe for a '63 and older bus. I'm missing these parts.

or
if someone has a complete set of rear drum brakes from a '64-'67 bus: drums, backing plates, springs, etc. I would be interested.

Cheers.

Offline hellgti

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:26:30 PM »
no brakes for sale but I do have an original set of safari windows for sale.  They're in realy realy good shape and complete!!!

Offline buses

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 03:58:11 PM »
Hmmm,
Those would be nice, but probably out of my budget. Just for curiosity what would you be asking?

Offline hellgti

• http://
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »
reproductions are worth about $650.  Mine still have original sigla glass in them and they are completly rust free.  I've seen decent ones on thesamba.com for like $1000 usd.  I'm not looking for that kind of money for them becuase I think thats rediculous.  I'd like at least $500 for them.

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 01:56:46 PM »
Ask Mowser he may have what you are looking for in the old brake dept.

Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline buses

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 02:27:21 PM »
That sounds very resonable for the safaries...I'll definately try to scrape some extra $$ together. If you still have them within the next few weeks, I'll get more details and check them out...
Cheers

vwjohn53

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:06:04 PM »
hi, i have a complete tranny and arms from drum to drum, i think all the brake stuff is there but i'll check................. $100 for the whole set-up and you pick it up, not really wanting to part it out.  john