Author Topic: Not A Bad Site!  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Raymond

• http://
Not A Bad Site!
« on: August 01, 2003, 09:27:32 PM »
Howdy all,

I've been spending the last few years over at shoptalkforums which has been one of the better websites.  This one seems to be at least its equal.

Been on the VW scene for some years.  My brother and I had a cherry original 59 way back in 1975 but we pretty much thrashed it to death.  No rust (interior BC) but to us, it was just a beater.  My next one was a 75 Super and I put a lot of sweat and $$$ into it.  It was my main mode of transportation for 6 years.  The last motor was an indestructable Berg 1776 sporting a set of 40 Dells and 7.1:1 compression.  That was about 10 years ago.  

Now, its dune-buggy time.  Screw the bodywork!  After more than a couple years, its close to hitting the go switch.  Its a traditional setup (no A-arms and 20 inches of travel) but it will be damn near bullet-proof.  I'll put together the spec's sometime.  

I work at Freightliner in Port Kells.  Just down the street from Airspeed.  I have the Black Chevy Z71 with \"RT\" on the plate if you see it at Airspeed from time to time.  

RT  (had to log in as Raymond since this forum won't recognise just 2 characters)