Author Topic: Crooked Front  (Read 2333 times)

Offline Stevie

Crooked Front
« on: August 19, 2004, 01:23:23 PM »
I just installed a lowered beam into my bug
and one side sits higher then the other,
anyone know how to fix this?
if you know how, you wanna help?
Please :D
and this is why you don't let amatures build a beam  :wacko:

well some help would be great, thanks.

Stephen

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Russ

Crooked Front
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 01:27:45 PM »
i think if the side that is too high or unlevel if you were to take the lower side and opposite rear corner and lower it it would fix the problem.

make sense?
russ

Offline Black-Back

• http://
Crooked Front
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 12:38:02 AM »
Posted on Aug 19 2004, 12:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 i think if the side that is too high or unlevel if you were to take the lower side and opposite rear corner and lower it it would fix the problem.

make sense?
russ
yup, got it, how about the leaf pack.........? is it possible that they're twisted/cracked or something? has the body ever been in an accident?? front clip f^@#*d up???

2 cents  

Mike
GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline Stevie

Crooked Front
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:15:02 PM »
nope this body is bretty much accident free maybe besides a little fender bender or two judging by the fenders,
the springs could be sumthing but i have no idea how to check or repair them as i was not the one who did the crap job to start with.
i'll pay someone to come and fix it for me :)
i would supply beer but i'm not legal age to buy it.

hope some help will find me.

steve

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Offline James Buchan

Crooked Front
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 05:31:49 PM »
Where are you located? Is the car road worthy?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2004, 05:32:06 PM by James Buchan »

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Crooked Front
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 05:49:10 PM »
Hold up hold up hold up!!!!!
Before you do anything read this!

Almost every time someone says what you are it is not the beam but the fenders. There are so many different places making fenders that if you could have two types. The lip that rolls down to the tire is shorter on the aftermarket fendes. Take a pc of string from the fender beading and use it as a tape measure to the lip near the tire. In most cases it will be different left to right.

If it is the same  then measure from the bottom of the beam to the ground on both sides near the control arm. This will tell you if it's the beam or torsion leaves.

Hope this makes sence and helps.

Geoff.

Offline Black-Back

• http://
Crooked Front
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2004, 07:26:19 PM »
Almost every time someone says what you are it is not the beam but the fenders. There are so many different places making fenders that if you could have two types. The lip that rolls down to the tire is shorter on the aftermarket fendes. Take a pc of string from the fender beading and use it as a tape measure to the lip near the tire. In most cases it will be different left to right.

Ohhhh......smarty pants hey!!! Always talkin' like ya know everything!! ;)

Mike
GOIN' STROKIN' FOR THE SUMMER[/size][/font]

Offline Stevie

Crooked Front
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2004, 01:58:42 PM »
alright well I just went out in the pissing rain and measured the spots,
the beam is the same height on both sides and the fenders are the same width, Sorry Geoff but i guess i am one of the exceptions.

the reasoning i first off thought it was the springs was that the lower side is a hell of a lot more stiff then the higher side.

this car is taking 90% of every paycheck i get, it could at least co-operate for once.
the car is streetable.. but insured for today only as the car still needs to go through tech before i can register it in canada. i live in abbotsford and i am in desperate need of help.

Thanx
           Stephen

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle

Offline Stevie

Crooked Front
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 04:25:16 PM »
still looking for help,i need to get this fixed ASAP as i want to take my car through tech in about a week and a half.

all i realy have left is fix the angle and have an alignment done and i should be good to role through.

Please Help!!!
At 17 i can rebuild an engine and carb in my basement but i have no idea about doing a beam..

if need be i can insure the car for a day or two and drive it to surrey or where ever i need to.

thanks and have great day
stephen
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 04:25:51 PM by Stevie »

20's SORTA FIT!!

63 Beetle