Author Topic: Need Some Help  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Acs

• http://
Need Some Help
« on: June 04, 2006, 03:43:06 PM »
Beside the oil filler cap there is a small breather tube. From pictures I have see of other cars, there is supposed to be a hose connecting from it to the top left side of the fan shroud. Now seeing as I have dual carbs, they get in the way of the tube on the fan shroud.  I've had a bit of oil come out from the tube beside the cap so what can I do about this? Hopefully from my description you can tell what I'm talking about...if not I can try to explain better.

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 04:14:01 PM »
The tube that points up beside the filler cap goes or used to go to the air cleaner. It's supposed to pull crankcase gasses into the air filter to be burnt, that's what the little bob weight flapper controls. If you don't have a stock air cleaner maybe try a hose running to the bottom of the car somewhere to get rid of the stinky oily stuff coming out of it.

The tube on the fan shroud is for the evaporative smog system, it should go to one end of the charcoal canister if you have one, the other end went to the air cleaner. If you don't have a canister plug it up. A hose from it to the oil filler will make oil come out of everywhere on your motor.

You might want to talk to the fine people at Airspeed about a breather system.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS