Author Topic: Winter Projects?  (Read 4593 times)

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Winter Projects?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2005, 11:50:16 AM »
Thats a very PRETTY color James. ^_^  

Offline James Buchan

Winter Projects?
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2005, 11:52:50 AM »
I figured GREEN was totally played out back in the mid 90's so I should go with a new up to date color and not be a follower like some people.... But then again GREEN is a safe choice and won't make a car stand out so I guess there is always that.

Stephan Schmidt

Winter Projects?
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2005, 11:55:30 AM »
Here is what the paint will look like (top cab area)

Thats a HOT truck

cool color  

Offline James Buchan

Winter Projects?
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2005, 12:01:07 PM »
That kind of truck (late 60's - early 70's Chev) is my dream truck - anyone have one and want to trade for a 4x4 Ford :)

Offline Custom76Bus

• http://vw.norquaydesign.com
Winter Projects?
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2005, 12:13:51 PM »
Nothing really new with me. Theres gonna be alot of fast cars this spring!!!
Yep that's right, you heard correct... there is a possibility my 76 could be on the road by this summer... lol... possibility...

it'll be super-eleet-fast  :ph34r:

I don't think my hardwood flooring is going to cut down on the weight as much as I had hoped thou :P... ha ha...

btw: bus panels look good trev
--Gavin
1976 Custom Westfalia... in the works.

Stephan Schmidt

Winter Projects?
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2005, 12:58:31 PM »
That kind of truck (late 60's - early 70's Chev) is my dream truck - anyone have one and want to trade for a 4x4 Ford :)
thats a 1968 chevy S10 isn't it?  I remember a few years ago in a street trucks magazine they did a 68 S10, and it was painted a similar copper color, but a little lighter and it was one color throughout.  it had 20\" chrome torque thrusts on it  :rockon:

Stephan

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Winter Projects?
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »
I figured GREEN was totally played out back in the mid 90's so I should go with a new up to date color and not be a follower like some people.... But then again GREEN is a safe choice and won't make a car stand out so I guess there is always that.
Ouch! Careful there Margret. Im not the only dark green car in the club. Did you forget about Jim Comas old car? ;)  

Offline James Buchan

Winter Projects?
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2005, 02:06:16 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  :rockon:  BURN!

Offline aircoolednewf

Winter Projects?
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
i finaly started the welding on mine last saturday. it's a volks rod project, with a 4\"ford drop axel, no fenders and an oval section with sliding rag. i hope to finish the roof this sat. and the car should be dome by this summer.

Billyisgr8

Winter Projects?
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2005, 04:39:15 PM »
James I know of 1 sitting behind a barn right now, I have been eying it since we have been here.  Looks like it's been sitting for no more than 5 years.

Kevin

Billyisgr8

Winter Projects?
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2005, 04:41:20 PM »
i finaly started the welding on mine last saturday. it's a volks rod project, with a 4"ford drop axel, no fenders and an oval section with sliding rag. i hope to finish the roof this sat. and the car should be dome by this summer.
Where are you doing your front glass?  I thought I would try to plasma cut the glass for my front window, I also have a chop.  I am going to try on a side vent window first to see if it will shatter.
Kevin

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Winter Projects?
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2005, 05:42:25 PM »
Ouch! Careful there Margret. Im not the only dark green car in the club. Did you forget about Jim Comas old car? ;)
easy partner what did I ever do to you :huh:  Not my fault you can't be a man and come out with the boys...
 :blink:  Even James is going... don't forget to wear your skirt to the next meeting  Martha  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Winter Projects?
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2005, 05:51:12 PM »

Where are you doing your front glass?  I thought I would try to plasma cut the glass for my front window, I also have a chop.  I am going to try on a side vent window first to see if it will shatter.
Kevin
you can cut all the windows ,except the rear glass

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline GRK

• http://
Winter Projects?
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2005, 06:03:49 PM »
I had a 65 GMC side step short box I was the 2nd owner 1st was my wifes uncle sold it 6 years ago less than 100,000 original miles. Was I ever !@#$%^^&&*(() stupid!!!!!! :(  ]:(  :mullet:
GARY

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Winter Projects?
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2005, 06:03:54 PM »
Here is the first project I have been working on,

here is when I first bought her

New Airspeed Beam,Longer trailing arms, New Fox Shox

side shot Notice anything???

Mooneyes Iron Cross Mirror

New Heavy duty rack
Just want to thank Airspeed for the parts and UPM1 for the help....
Now onto the Race car...

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline aircoolednewf

Winter Projects?
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2005, 06:22:53 PM »
hey Jim, you sure you can cut the side glass. i know the front can be done, and the oval will stay the same size, so thts not a prob. but i don't think the sides can be cut. well not from the origional. they are tempered and will shatter. this is what i'v been told over and over by various sources. if you know of a way then please fill me in. it will save me a bundle on new glass.
thanks.

Billyisgr8

Winter Projects?
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2005, 06:32:40 PM »

you can cut all the windows ,except the rear glass
OOOps brain fart :blink: ????,

I have lexan for all the windows and I knew I could cut the front glass.  Scribe each side then pour alchohol into joint and light with a lighter.  

The side windows are tempered,  They will shatter if trying to cut with a glass knife, this is why I wanted to try my plasma.  A waterjet will cut tempered glass too.

Kevin

Offline Fred Hastings

Winter Projects?
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »
New trans is in(assembled by Bruce). New CB front brakes (cross drilled by Bruce). Crank, rods, P&C's are all that are being reused in the new motor. New full out K-Roc heads. New smartass wheels and tires ;)  The new M&H's are being mounted tomorrow. I must be having a child..Party's over this fall.. :rolleyes: I'll be lucky if I'm even able to wash it for the next few years :wacko:
dumbass. didn't you pay attention when i told you about my kid???

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Winter Projects?
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2005, 07:40:39 PM »
hey Jim, you sure you can cut the side glass. i know the front can be done, and the oval will stay the same size, so thts not a prob. but i don't think the sides can be cut. well not from the origional. they are tempered and will shatter. this is what i'v been told over and over by various sources. if you know of a way then please fill me in. it will save me a bundle on new glass.
thanks.
well my original 68 windows were all cut.someone correct me if i'm wrong but i don't think the sides are tempered,just the rear
i will double check my original cut windows in the morning to see if there are original vw.

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline dannyboy

Winter Projects?
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2005, 09:04:04 PM »
New Airspeed Beam,Longer trailing arms,
are those the new double lower trailing arms?
*because 4 shocks are better than 2*

Offline Hansk

Winter Projects?
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2005, 09:18:17 PM »
I so much as breath on a windshield the wrong way and it get's a nice long crack from side to side. All the rest require a sledge hammer and break into a billion pieces [_[  Trust me , I know.

Ya, I'm still working on my winter project [_[ ............winter 1995 :wacko:  
Big fat black fastback

Offline GRK

Winter Projects?
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2005, 09:34:33 PM »

Ya, I&#39;m still working on my winter project <_< ............winter 1995 :wacko:
Actually you've been working on everyone else's project 1914 9:1 comp, Close ratio bus tranny, consultation on how many other projects. I think all who have helped Hans including me all get together and help him get his 60 up and running for summer( he does'nt have time to do his own projects with pains in the ass like me alway's bugging him)! Thanks Hans you rock! :rockon:  5.5 weeks to Florence buggy time!!!!!!!! :ph34r:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :mullet:  

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Winter Projects?
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2005, 10:24:52 PM »
Yup side glass in the door and 1/4 are tempered and will break in to crumbs if ya try and cut it.