Author Topic: Question  (Read 5149 times)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Question
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:24:01 AM »
Turbo Jim and I are thinking about opening up a small Parts only kinda business.
It will be AC parts only and we will only be open on saturdays. We thought we would try this as it ishard to get parts right now.
Just thought we would put a feeler out there if anyone is interested. By no means will this be a full time job, but more as a fun thing and also to help people.
 Post your thoughts

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 05:25:21 AM by Shane »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 07:06:21 AM »
Shane, we really need something like that since some shops have closed down. I will give both of ya my business. Great idea, if I can help, let me know.

CHEECH

Question
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 07:38:49 AM »
Good idea guy`s, Count me in, you will get my business :rockon:  

Offline jess rotten

Question
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »
good plan

Offline dirtydeedss

Question
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:19 AM »
:rockon:  

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Question
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:59:35 AM »
You know where I'm going.............

straight to hell.....

I'm in.  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Question
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:10:15 AM »
:rockon:  
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline Hansk

Question
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:16:45 AM »
Sounds cool ,  if I read correctly your looking for someone to work the counter? Too bad I already work Saturdays :(  
Big fat black fastback

Offline G-dog

Question
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:02:49 AM »
When are you going to open? I have something I want to return..... :D  
1967 Beetle (the only year worth considering)/Berg 5

Offline josh

Question
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »
hell ya do it :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  :rockon:  
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline surgerypending

Question
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 09:27:54 AM »
Sure sounds good! I have another car i'm starting at the end of the summer....I need to get my parts somewhere!
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline 72vwtype2

• Phil
  • Still searching....1972 Single or Double Cab
Question
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 09:57:33 AM »
I think this a great idea and it would fill a void that has been created by the recent demise of Airspeed, Bow Wow, Lou's...etc.

One option that may reduce the cost of carrying large inventiory, is offering consignment. This would centralize the buying and selling of our spare parts.
1958 deluxe Beetle (project in progress)

1972 Kombi
1964 Vespa 150

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Question
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:57:25 AM »
Thanks for the response guys, We will continue to push this forward. Keep the replies coming

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline amishrabbi

• http://
Question
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 01:26:45 PM »
dont know how many parts ill need but if the pricing is the same as airspeeds ill buy from you guys rather than avr in abby
1963 Beetle, 2017cc Stroker

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Question
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 02:27:12 PM »
Pricing will be the same as Airspeed was

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Stephan Schmidt

Question
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 02:31:50 PM »
I think this is a great idea.

Some questions:

If the shop is only open on saturdays, who will be placing the orders during the week to the suppliers?  Who will be doing the states runs to the states to pick up shipments of items?  Obviously this will have to be a legitimate business, so have you thought about a company name?  Will you be setting up an account with credit companies to accept different methods of payment?  Will someone be in charge of shipping return items to manufacturers?

Suppliers would most likely only be open during the week.  So if we need parts, will there be a phone number that we can call to order parts through during the week to pick up on saturdays?  Or would we have to order the part on a saturday and then expect pickup on a following saturday?

Stephan  

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Question
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 02:35:52 PM »
whoa jr. Sounds like it is still preliminary. I am sure Shane and Jim have a bit of business knowledge that can help them with the venture.... ;)  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Question
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 02:41:43 PM »

Some questions:

If the shop is only open on saturdays, who will be placing the orders during the week to the suppliers?  Who will be doing the states runs to the states to pick up shipments of items?  Obviously this will have to be a legitimate business, so have you thought about a company name?  Will you be setting up an account with credit companies to accept different methods of payment?  Will someone be in charge of shipping return items to manufacturers?

Suppliers would most likely only be open during the week.  So if we need parts, will there be a phone number that we can call to order parts through during the week to pick up on saturdays?  Or would we have to order the part on a saturday and then expect pickup on a following saturday?

Stephan
Not sure why this matters to you Stephan?
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline kafer_kid86

• http://streetfire.net
Question
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  
Jeff Pedersen

\"the other jeff pedersen\"

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Question
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 03:15:41 PM »
Your going to need a keyholder!!!! Dont forget or else you will not be able to get in thru the doors!!!
 :P  
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline Mike Scott

Question
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »
Sounds like a great idea, Im finally starting to make enough money to blow on highpo engine stuff, and I have nowhere to buy it!!!!!

Good Luck

Offline dods1600

• http://
Question
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:08 PM »
Ya, I'm finally getting to the point where a local parts place would be awsome
I drive a fat chick

-Tristan

Matt

Question
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 05:17:31 PM »
I think its a hell of a plan, and you can count on my support.

What I don't understand is why all the stupid questions about credit apps and border runs? Thats for the guys behind this venture to figure out. If it was me, I'd already have banned your ass for asking stupid questions. Hell, if it was me I would pick and choose who I sold stuff too, and there would be a long list of people here that would never see my shit. Be glad its not me.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Question
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 05:32:07 PM »

Some questions:

Stephan
Why dont you do it yourself smart guy.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Question
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 05:36:38 PM »
Let me rephrase my previous post.

I am sure that the parties involved have discussed logistics, seeing as both are very experienced in the business sector. Maybe this is one of those \"feelers\" such that some people like to post, only this one may have some serious merit to it.

:)

Offline kirin

Question
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2007, 06:24:19 PM »
I for one would support you guys in an instant. However be prepared that this thing may grow to be more of it. Only do it if your completly 110% committed to the cause.

And for all you guys raising an eyebrow to Stephans questions. Its a public forum and people are allowed to ask whatever the hell they want to. Really if you have a problem with it find some other place to go. Mind you I don't always agree with what some people say however they have the same equal right as I do if not more so, to raise a point.
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline notchback

Question
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2007, 07:05:51 PM »
If I was Geoff I'd be pissed
Bruce McCrindle
AIRCOOLED WERKS

New phone number above

Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Question
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 07:14:41 PM »
Why would you be geoff?

Seriously though, This was my Idea to Jim asking him ( Because he is not working) I can do this venture on my own if I wanted, All I am doing is trying to supply people with parts who are having a hard time getting them, If Geoff would like to do it then I supprt him 100%. I was trying to do a good thing.. and so I asked a question to the people who need parts if this would interest them? This is by no means a full time job... I have one of those

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Question
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 07:27:30 PM »
i would like to think that geoff would be supportive of a friends new business venture, just as we are of his.

i think it's a great idea. i do agree that it may turn out to be more successfull than anticipated, but only time will tell.

i will support you guys all the way. some purchases may be small but you will be the first ones i call when i need something.

i like to support friends/locals/people in the know who operate smaller independent businesses. ;)  

Matt

Question
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 07:48:13 PM »
Ahhh......... here comes the drama.