Author Topic: Nice Story...  (Read 1821 times)

Offline nivag

• Gavin Lee
Nice Story...
« on: December 10, 2005, 03:00:47 PM »
So I am hunting a car for my wife these days. I contact a guy about a Volvo wagon couple days ago, have a good chat, go so far as to work out a price and pretty much tell the guy I am gonna buy it (after I did a quick drive by visual). So I arrange a time for a couple days later (his earliest availability) to go drive and more thouroughly check out the car. I call the seller and ask if everything is still a go and if we can even come out an hour early, he says yup we are on come on out... I pack my prego wife into the car and head out on our journey (about a 20-30 min drive away).

As I am about to pull up to his house he calls... \"sorry I have some bad news... just sold the car\" Fukr sold it from under me for same price to some guy that he says just called and ran over. Felt like pulling up to the house and smashin a god danm window... Nice morals... hope the cheque bounces!

Had to vent...

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Nice Story...
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 03:33:08 PM »
That is lousy Gav..... I was gonna get you to come look at my Wifes car however she wants to keep it. I found her car on Craigslist. Hopefully you find one...and do you guys know the sex yet??? Or is it going to be a surprise....

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline AlanU

• http://members.shaw.ca/acvw/index.htm
Nice Story...
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 04:37:20 PM »
What year volvo???? They are great for having howling timing belt pulleys and if the hydraulic timing belt tensioners go you'll bend ALL OF YOUR VALVES!!!!!!! They are also known for problems with their \"computer\" for the transmissions!!!!!!!

is it an 850 volvo????? call it a blessing that it happened this way. Porsche designed engine that has integral cam bearings in the head/valve cover. You'll need a special slide hammer to take the valve cover off. mickey mouse method of getting trouble codes out of primitive computer system. I hate them and they tend to snap timing belts before the 100,000km range.

I haven't even discussed hydraulic lifter noise issues.

for fun call up for a price of a MAF air sensor???? some models will make you sell your soul.

Ever pull out a trans out of those cars????? best rated nightmare you'll ever have. If you dont pull it out the labour will empty your wallet.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Nice Story...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 04:54:03 PM »
your just a ray of sunshine arent you, now go change the motor in your honda. Lifter Whore!  

Offline Bubba

Nice Story...
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 04:57:02 PM »
Gavin, the minivan is still available B)  
64 Beetle
86 Nissan Multi
81 Rabbit
90 Malibu Euro F3
94 H-D FXDWG

Any country that protects rights of criminals over rights of honest citizens is not worth living in.

Offline AirCooledRules

Nice Story...
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 05:35:44 PM »
good choice, volvos are awesome car!
1960 Volkswagen Beetle

1975 Honda CB125S
1983 Audi UR-Quattro
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1998 Audi A6

Offline AlanU

Nice Story...
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 06:16:18 PM »
your just a ray of sunshine arent you, now go change the motor in your honda. Lifter Whore!
hehehehe

Offline Needles

• http://
Nice Story...
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 08:51:24 PM »
What year volvo???? They are great for having howling timing belt pulleys and if the hydraulic timing belt tensioners go you'll bend ALL OF YOUR VALVES!!!!!!! They are also known for problems with their "computer" for the transmissions!!!!!!!

is it an 850 volvo????? call it a blessing that it happened this way. Porsche designed engine that has integral cam bearings in the head/valve cover. You'll need a special slide hammer to take the valve cover off. mickey mouse method of getting trouble codes out of primitive computer system. I hate them and they tend to snap timing belts before the 100,000km range.

for fun call up for a price of a MAF air sensor???? some models will make you sell your soul.

Ever pull out a trans out of those cars????? best rated nightmare you'll ever have. If you dont pull it out the labour will empty your wallet.
Whoa boy, whoa....

Must have been burned pretty bad by the 'Vulva', I dunno I just bought mine 4 months ago, 339,000kms, all paperwork, work kept up, still ticking, through aircare no prob....had a great check out too.

87 740GLE wagon.

Gavin that story sucks....   His Negative Karma will find its way up his asshole one day...

What model are ya looking at?  I noticed a couple for sale at the Import Center on the way to Crescent Beach, just off of the highway.... red Snapper will know the place...

Stay away from those 16valve ones...

Keep looking..... :rockon:  

Offline Chris

• Car.
Nice Story...
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 12:45:30 AM »
he tried to sleep with one and it gave him the cold steel bumper treatment....

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Nice Story...
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 09:57:33 AM »
What year volvo???? They are great for having howling timing belt pulleys and if the hydraulic timing belt tensioners go you'll bend ALL OF YOUR VALVES!!!!!!! They are also known for problems with their "computer" for the transmissions!!!!!!!

Whoa boy, whoa....

Must have been burned pretty bad by the 'Vulva', I dunno I just bought mine 4 months ago, 339,000kms, all paperwork, work kept up, still ticking, through aircare no prob....had a great check out too.

87 740GLE wagon.

Gavin that story sucks....   His Negative Karma will find its way up his asshole one day...

What model are ya looking at?  I noticed a couple for sale at the Import Center on the way to Crescent Beach, just off of the highway.... red Snapper will know the place...

Stay away from those 16valve ones...

Keep looking..... :rockon:
Stay away from that import place , They Import all the cars from Japan
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Chris

• Car.
Nice Story...
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 10:09:37 AM »
and 90% of those cars have been there for over a year....

Offline AlanU

Nice Story...
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 11:00:27 AM »
Cars imported from japan are usually aprox 10+ yrs old. They usually DONT EVEN HAVE DOT APPROVED TIRES on them. The bushings usually have severe wear on them from the elements. They may have low kms but they are usually idled for a long long time so a car with 50,000km can have an easy 100,000km worth of miles on them due to idling in traffic. I've worked on alot of bmw's and mercedes imported from japan so I've seen first hand how crappy some of them may be.

Needles,  The 740 has numerous idler pulleys in the \"snake/loopy\" configuration of the timing belt. Lotsa $$$ to get all of them replaced since they will all howl due to worn bearings. Availability of all idler pulleys sometimes are a pain.

Gavin buy a 98 4 door accord and spend the beans now. CV boots, Maybe a distributor and thats it. 4 Banger versions have virtually NO headgaskets issues. It sucks to have a super reliable car ;)  

Offline Bruce

Nice Story...
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 12:24:33 PM »
Gav,
don't sweat the dink that sold that car from under you.  If he's the type to screw you around like that, he's the type to lie about the condition of the car.  He probably has a \"real\" reason to dump the car.

If the check does bounce and he calls you up, tell him you're still interested, but that he must now drive over to your house to show it.  Then when he arrives, tell him you just made a deal on some other car.

Stephan Schmidt

Nice Story...
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »
Gav,
don't sweat the dink that sold that car from under you.  If he's the type to screw you around like that, he's the type to lie about the condition of the car.  He probably has a "real" reason to dump the car.

If the check does bounce and he calls you up, tell him you're still interested, but that he must now drive over to your house to show it.  Then when he arrives, tell him you just made a deal on some other car.
Karma will get the guy in the end.

Gavin, I also suggest a newer honda accord, or a Toyota camry.  Depending on your budget, a 1999.5-newer Jetta or Golf TDI is also an excellent choice.

Both great cars for the family.

Stephan

Offline Needles

• http://
Nice Story...
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 10:32:34 PM »

:huh: Classy...

Russ

Nice Story...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 07:45:23 AM »

If the check does bounce and he calls you up, tell him you're still interested, but that he must now drive over to your house to show it.  Then when he arrives, tell him you just made a deal on some other car.
:huh: Classy...
i agree with bruce :)  

Offline buddy boy

• Marked for life
Nice Story...
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 10:20:01 PM »
kill him.

"only dead fish swim with the stream"