Author Topic: Knowledge Thread - Tech Inspection  (Read 4259 times)

Offline James Buchan

Knowledge Thread - Tech Inspection
« on: January 15, 2004, 11:49:47 AM »
OK here's another \"knowledge thread\"

What is needed to pass Tech when out at the track? If you read through the NHRA rules it can get a little muddled as to what \"we\" need.

I know different times require different safety requirements but for the regular Joe that will run a 13-14 sec pass what do they need to do prior to showing up.

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 12:29:46 PM »
They hardly looked at my car. For me all I needed was a helmet (not the hockey type). Also, I think the battery has to be bolted down. You should be alright though 15 for you will be a  respectful time. -_-  

Offline captCRUNCH

• http://
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 02:03:46 PM »
same with me...they hardly looked at my car. i run a metal fuel filter (plastic or glass is a no-no), and i have my battery in one of those plastic marine type boxes which has kleats that are bolted to the car  then a nylon strap that goes around the whole thing (also saves your car from getting eaten alive from battery acid). make sure that you drain all anti-freeze out of your cooling system (i always put my water in that 710 cap)...ok i couldn't resist! besides that just the normal stuff...like make sure you have all your lug nuts on (duh).  

Offline James Buchan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 03:02:13 PM »
Don't you have to run pressed studs instead of the stock type? I already have due to my rims but I thought that was a requirement.

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 08:48:06 PM »
i take it you are talking about mission ,now fill me in i have no idea what is required too race at mission.since i plan to go too the friday night drags someone please let me know what i need too have for personal safety equipment as well as what is needed for my car.
is the eqipment needed for driver and car different for class/speed or what.
maybe if more people know what is needed and required more people would show.when i looked at the mission websight i think it said basically a helmet?
is needed for racing but there has to be more to it than that?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 08:51:44 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline btljuce

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2004, 09:04:24 PM »
no more than 1 foot of rubber fuel line,good brakes,good tires,(no cords showing)positive throttle return(i believe 2 springs)seat belts,helmet in all classes(here in edmonton anyway)battery bolted down,although am unsure if it has to be in a box,also unsure of the battery cut off,(for beetle)although the rules state\"any car with a relocated battery,must have a master cut off,clearly marking on and off positions, neutral safety switch,(car isn't supposed to start in gear)here we are also an ihra track now,so the roll bar rule is extended to 11.50's i believe.in nhra i thought it was 11.99 for a bar,10.99 for cage.also the stud must stick out of the rim,at least the width of the stud,(also am unsure of the stock bolt for beetle)best way is to get a rule book,or take the car to the track to get \"pre-teched\"some tracks are lenient,here sometimes you need to get past the guy with the rubber glove.how are the guys in mission?like i say,i am unsure of tech on a bug,when we rented the track here,tech was pretty lax for me(my first time down the track in my bug) i hope that helps :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 09:06:18 PM by btljuce »

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi