Author Topic: Samba Or Ebay?  (Read 4479 times)

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« on: August 24, 2004, 08:16:37 AM »
What do you guys think?  someone says samba for a few weeks, then ebay...
naming a car is gay...really gay.

Offline hellgti

• http://
Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 08:17:54 AM »
huh?

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 08:22:18 AM »
to sell a vw?  which is better?

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 08:47:53 AM »
the samba worked for me.  never tried to sell anything on ebay.  but it's great for cheap parts...ebay that is.  i think the samba has driven up the price of shitty vehicles.  I sold my '64 sunroof to someone localy for $1700 because it was a roach.  its now up for sale for $5700.  

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2004, 08:49:40 AM »
Airspeed!!! :rockon:  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2004, 08:56:06 AM »
Airspeed!!! :rockon:
nobody buys anything off this site!!!  quick!! someone buy my honda and prove me wrong!!!

Offline James Buchan

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2004, 09:14:45 AM »
I agree Rick, go with the Samba - ebay gets all kinds of idiots that know jack about VW's.

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:21:51 AM »
i'll give the samba a try.  I am really in no hurry, just want some back of what i got into it  :)

thanks guys

R

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2004, 09:30:57 AM »
dude, your not selling your bus!!  i saw it at the Shoreline Vintage show......sick f@#kn' bus!!!!!!! :rockon:  

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2004, 09:38:02 AM »
yeah..i am selling it.  I have way more into it then I will ever get out of it though.  Figured i'd sell it with 3 options, no motor, 1835 Dual carbed or if some one steps up with the turbo motor, although I'd really like to keep the motor...  :)

Russ

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2004, 11:51:19 AM »
whats the going price?

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2004, 11:55:44 AM »
i dunno yet  Russ,  whats your op?

Russ

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2004, 12:03:45 PM »
beats the hell out of me? :) you atleast know what you have into it.

why the sale you can't be bored with it yet,buying a house renovating?
hope it all works out for you

russ

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2004, 12:09:11 PM »
yeah, we are going to buy a house before the prices get way out of hand..they are already horrible.  Trust me, i'd love to keep it but maybe some one with offer a part trade with a ragtop or a thing :)

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2004, 04:38:13 PM »
nobody buys anything off this site!!!

Don'y blame the site for your Sh@##y taste in vehicles Dan,  maybe you should try www.ricelovers.com or maybe www.yanktankers.com for your new cruiser/ land yacht
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2004, 04:49:05 PM »

Don'y blame the site for your Sh@##y taste in vehicles Dan,  maybe you should try www.ricelovers.com or maybe www.yanktankers.com for your new cruiser/ land yacht
mmmm rice.... :wub:  

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2004, 01:43:12 PM »
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/det...l.php?id=100806

ok, i am starting to cry now.......  :(    

« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 01:43:29 PM by 66split »

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2004, 02:04:45 PM »
Sorry to hear you gotta sell the bus! It sure is sweet and the price is good! Wish I could buy it..

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2004, 03:01:52 PM »
Sorry to hear you gotta sell the bus! It sure is sweet and the price is good! Wish I could buy it..
price is good for the samba.....fits right in

Offline HeliMike

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2004, 04:11:22 PM »
I'll trad you my Saturn and my soul for that bus.   :rolleyes:

Sweet bus. Sorry you have to sell 'er.
Good luck with the sale - not that you'll need it. :rockon:  
67 Sunroof Beetle

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2004, 05:25:33 PM »
price is good for the samba.....fits right in
bitter much?

i agree that thesamba.com and ebay have some exagerated prices, but come on now.

did you read the add or just see the price and get pissed because it's another sweet bus that you cant afford?

a freshly restored 66 westy w/ a 2110 turbo motor. all new or nos parts. og vinyl & westy cabinets. tons of cool accesories. and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

and more importantly is that its a properly done rebuild. and tastefully done and well thought out, imho. everything fits and sits just right on this bus. nothing looks tacky or out of place.

now, find a similar bus, and rebuild it to those standards and find out how much $$ and time it takes and you'll appreciate this bus and the price alot more.

Offline James Buchan

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2004, 05:30:50 PM »
I've seen this bus first hand, pictures do NOT do it justice. One of the nicest examples I have ever seen, EVER.

I bet if someone were to try and build the identical bus, ground up like this was, it would cost WAY more then what Rick has it listed for.

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2004, 06:32:32 PM »
thanks guys.  It did cost alot more to build then I have it listed for.  I know its not everyones cup of tea and thats fine.  I'm just a VW guy.  Find someone that WILL paint a bus, then ask how much.   :blink:  ..Barry and Lanny know...I'd sell it for alot less w/o the motor! ;)

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2004, 08:15:29 AM »
bitter much?

i agree that thesamba.com and ebay have some exagerated prices, but come on now.

did you read the add or just see the price and get pissed because it's another sweet bus that you cant afford?

a freshly restored 66 westy w/ a 2110 turbo motor. all new or nos parts. og vinyl & westy cabinets. tons of cool accesories. and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

and more importantly is that its a properly done rebuild. and tastefully done and well thought out, imho. everything fits and sits just right on this bus. nothing looks tacky or out of place.

now, find a similar bus, and rebuild it to those standards and find out how much $$ and time it takes and you'll appreciate this bus and the price alot more.
fly off the handle much??

if you read the entire thread you'll see that I gave the man props on a sweet bus as I have actualy seen it in person....have you silas?

besides 66split shit on my thread when I was asking 6k for my bus, of which he had never seen.  and of which many people on this board had.

QUOTE (six deuce @ Mar 19 2004, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (ehos @ Mar 19 2004, 01:16 PM)

TAKE IT BACK! TAKE IT BACK!

It's the best site out there.  SAY IT!  Heresy!  

the samba has done nothing but drive the price up on mediocre vehicles

http://thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/index.m...403171318359688

seriously!!!  

i dunno six, dont you want like 6k for your panel? the samba didnt force you to put it up that high...I bought my bus complete with almost 0 rust for alot less then that. That bug is supersweet and he probably has about that into it. I know I have alot more then that into my bus that i will never get out of it but I WUV my bus!  I know i would never have gotten my bus to the point it is w/o the samba or STF. STF is how I met James and a coupla other guys up here that have helped me out as well thanks guy  to each his own and good luck on sellin the bus, it sure is nice, hope it stays local...

--------------------

Offline 71BUS

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2004, 08:35:47 AM »
$30,773.88 CAD Wow!! FOR A 1966 Westfalia your van must be beautiful. Maybe you can connect with Barry to sell it as I hear he has connections down south. As for HellGTI's bus I can vouch for the fact that it had all rust completely removed about seven years ago and it was lowered using parts from Franklin's. $5000 US I think was definitely appropriate given the fact that he added 36mm dellorto's and bumped up the displacement to 1776cc

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2004, 08:44:31 AM »
$30,773.88 CAD Wow!! FOR A 1966 Westfalia your van must be beautiful. Maybe you can connect with Barry to sell it as I hear he has connections down south. As for HellGTI's bus I can vouch for the fact that it had all rust completely removed about seven years ago and it was lowered using parts from Franklin's. $5000 US I think was definitely appropriate given the fact that he added 36mm dellorto's and bumped up the displacement to 1776cc
i should have bought geoff's "mint" westy interior for $250 and asked for $18,000   :lol:  

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2004, 08:47:39 AM »
i wasn't bustin on your bus.. I was making fun of the fact that you bust on the samba all the time then go there and sell your shit.  I am glad you go what you wanted for it...i don't remember it but thats cool....besides you're the one always rippin on other peoples cars...

..the fact of the matter is that you never get out of it what you put into it...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 08:49:39 AM by 66split »

Offline hellgti

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2004, 08:56:12 AM »
i wasn't bustin on your bus.. I was making fun of the fact that you bust on the samba all the time then go there and sell your shit.  I am glad you go what you wanted for it...i don't remember it but thats cool....besides you're the one always rippin on other peoples cars...

..the fact of the matter is that you never get out of it what you put into it...
dude I was by no means ripping on your car and I haven't ripped on anyone elses for that matter.  but, yes, i personaly find the samba to be a complete joke.  but i used it.  so what.  these are volkswagens.  as much as I love them and besides the fact I've always had one of some form since I was 15, i find the samba makes this little hobby of ours harder and harder to take seriously.

edit:  i'm not taking shots at you or your bus...i miss my bus.  and like you said, you never get back what you put in.  I sold mine for exactly what I bought it for.  after 4 years of owning and adding to it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 08:58:27 AM by hellgti »

Offline 66split

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2004, 09:01:49 AM »
thats cool.  I think i was just sticking up for that beetle in an odd sort of way.  If you bought parts from franklins you no doubt  had a sizeable investment in it!  :)

Offline 71BUS

Samba Or Ebay?
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2004, 09:05:38 AM »
So what are the three price options? I get customers calling all the time looking for buses from all over the USA. Maybe I can find someone with a fat wallet. A few questions answered would help. "when was the turbo motor built?" "Do you have "20,000.00US in receipts?" "When were the pictures with the empi's taken?" These would all help as you are asking a price that only discerning buyers will pay. I have to say that is a nice set up but the turbo technology has advanced and 041's are not even available anymore. But hey props to you if you can get what you are asking, I think we all will be jealous if you get that much money back.