Author Topic: West Coast Showdown  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
West Coast Showdown
« on: June 12, 2005, 09:43:24 PM »
Round 2 is looking good. Dyno is full, Host Hotel reserved spots are all full... Going to be a great show

See you guys Friday Night at 6pm for the Cruise.

FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 10:13:22 PM »
It is with much regret that I must announce my no show to the WCSD. I am swamped at the shop and a little behind on the projects so I must work. Take lots of pics and send them to me. I was soooo pumped to go.........now I just wanna gargle gasoline :(  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline James Buchan

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 03:33:43 PM »
It's about time you did some work J!!!!!

:rolleyes:  To bad you can't make it - no worries though I'll have enough fun for you too!!!

Weather Report - http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/c...es/CABC0284.htm

It keeps getting better and better!

The Cruise leaves Softball City (South Surrey Athletic Park) in Whiterock at 6:15 SHARP so make sure you get there a bit early to grab a cruise map and see all the freshly waxed rides....

Softball City Address: 2201 148th St Surrey - best to enter from 148th St as the 20th Ave entrance is under construction.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 03:34:25 PM by James Buchan »

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 05:59:33 PM »
well , now that weather report looks better !!!!!!
--who's buying the coffee later--
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 06:01:12 PM by jim martin »

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 06:05:33 PM »
Well it's official.  The shuswap crew are all lame ass VW lover wannabe's.  I was good to go but alas all the others are bailing like rats.  Not gonna make the trip in Waldo alone so I guess I'm out as well.  Have fun guys.  I guess I'll hang with the family on my day off I had TO BEG FOR months in advance.   >:(  
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 06:53:38 PM »
well , now that weather report looks better !!!!!!
--who's buying the coffee later--
Jim if the wok makes the trip your coffee is on me... fer some LM1 lessons :lol:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »
Well it's official.  The shuswap crew are all lame ass VW lover wannabe's.  I was good to go but alas all the others are bailing like rats.  Not gonna make the trip in Waldo alone so I guess I'm out as well.  Have fun guys.  I guess I'll hang with the family on my day off I had TO BEG FOR months in advance.   >:(
wow what a lame ass excuse....I can't come alone.. cuz I am a sissy
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline slammedbus

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 07:25:22 PM »
wow what a lame ass excuse....I can't come alone.. cuz I am a sissy
ROFLMFAO!  :P  

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 08:41:33 PM »
Half the fun of a road trip is the company you take on it Pointless.  It's fathers day weekend and if it ain't gonna be a road trip with the boyz then it just plain ain't worth the time.  I'll be better off spending the time with the wife and children.

Lame ass excuses are what comes from guys that take on more than they can chew then bail on their friends because of it.  If I say I'm gonna go somewhere you can be DAMN sure I'll go.  95% of the time I'll drop everything to go do something on the spur of the moment.  I'll bet he bails on the GCVW as well.  Whipped little bitch that he is.
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline James Buchan

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 08:43:38 PM »
WOW - NOW THAT'S SOME SMACKTALK!!!!
I'll bet he bails on the GCVW as well. Whipped little bitch that he is.

Offline slammedbus

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 09:44:36 PM »
Half the fun of a road trip is the company you take on it Pointless.  It's fathers day weekend and if it ain't gonna be a road trip with the boyz then it just plain ain't worth the time.  I'll be better off spending the time with the wife and children.

Lame ass excuses are what comes from guys that take on more than they can chew then bail on their friends because of it.  If I say I'm gonna go somewhere you can be DAMN sure I'll go.  95% of the time I'll drop everything to go do something on the spur of the moment.  I'll bet he bails on the GCVW as well.  Whipped little bitch that he is.
Man he can sure dish it out but someone sure needs a soother and blankey when it starts coming back eh?? Wanna hug??
 :wub:
Maybe the reason I want to stay home is the company for the road trip........bwhaaaaaa  :P  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 09:48:30 PM by slammedbus »

Offline Mowser

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 10:16:21 PM »
Just keep the excuses coming bud....  Maybe you'll come up with a good one yet.  When your wife lets you into her purse to get your balls back let me know and we'll start planning the next trip you're gonna bail out of.
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline slammedbus

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 10:30:26 PM »
Speaking of women.........last week when I talked to you, you didn't even know if you were going to go or not. Now all of a sudden I decide to stay and work, you play the I was Mr. Gung Ho all along. Man no wonder none of these trips work out, you playing all coi like a woman and all.  :lol:  

Offline Mowser

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 10:46:12 PM »
The only thing I wasn't sure about last week was taking Waldo along for the trip.  Remember your grand plan.....  I take Waldo, You take the westy, and Marty take the Kombi?  He's scared to take his bus to Kamloops let alone the coast,You're westy isn't even at home yet let alone driving, and that leaves Waldo being the only aircooled vehicle to bring down.  Insurance ran out on Waldo and I was waiting till I heard from you before I reinsured him.  Thinking I'll hang onto the insurance money and rebuild the floor first.  At least that's the plan for now.
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline slammedbus

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2005, 10:57:54 PM »
After much apologies and hugs and kisses, Mowser, myself and Waldo will be coming down late Saturday night and be there for the show on Sunday.....c u then! :rockon:  

Offline James Buchan

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2005, 10:58:51 PM »
Like a married couple - GEEZ!

Offline Mowser

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2005, 11:00:33 PM »
Sometimes you just have to slap your friends to get their priorities straight.  
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline slammedbus

West Coast Showdown
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2005, 11:01:39 PM »
WE just finished it......don;t start me up again........one of these days Alice!!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2005, 06:40:34 AM »
Wow that was some good reading.... :o
I thought it was about James.... Cuz he always bails... maybe now he will have his car ready...
Good thing I went up there and brought it back so he would have plenty of time to finish it for West Coast Showdown 3 :huh:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline Dave R

• http://
West Coast Showdown
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2005, 03:45:13 PM »

....I love it, glad to see you've made the right choice  :P