Author Topic: 67 Stored  (Read 2127 times)

Offline s3racing

• http://www.walti-sanitaer.ch
67 Stored
« on: May 12, 2004, 07:22:50 AM »
B)  Ok I'm here in Switzerland and I found a sweet car. my car is still in canada. ok its a 67 standard. only 58,000original km has been stored for a long time some old lady died and kid inherited it. Guess what its worth and what he wants for it. He has all the original stuff. everything is solid. minor spot rust the size of a penny. undercarrage is all solid. only thing changed is muff. and bumpers are removed but he still has.      

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
67 Stored
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 10:08:04 AM »
B)  Ok I'm here in Switzerland and I found a sweet car. my car is still in canada. ok its a 67 standard. only 58,000original km has been stored for a long time some old lady died and kid inherited it. Guess what its worth and what he wants for it. He has all the original stuff. everything is solid. minor spot rust the size of a penny. undercarrage is all solid. only thing changed is muff. and bumpers are removed but he still has.
well, dont keep us hanging. what does he want for it? are you gonna buy it? it sounds like a real find. dont let it slip through your fingers.

TELL US.

i dont know what currency the swiss deal with, so after conversion, i'll say he wants $4200 canadian for it.

Offline kirin

67 Stored
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 01:27:00 PM »
Interesting.
I'm going over to Switzerland in september for 9 months. I'd be very interested if you could P-mail me how you found the car and so on and so forth..
Thanks!
-Kirin
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Chris

• Car.
67 Stored
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 02:03:57 PM »
kirin I am sure they have a buy and sell of some sort over there, and even high speed internet!  :P  

Offline kirin

67 Stored
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 03:52:19 PM »
I'm not that dense!
Sometimes the low-tech ways are best You know knock on some doors.. learn the language. Go incognito!
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline s3racing

• http://www.walti-sanitaer.ch
67 Stored
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 07:19:14 AM »
B) found the car just by chance . noticed it  while driving by it on the way from picking up my wife from work. drove by it a few times one day just had to stop despite my wife. he's asking 10800.00 for it. I dont know if I'm going to go for it I still have one in Canada that I need to put togeather. OH I think he put a disc brake conversion on it and new front swaybar. but apparently he has all the original stuff still. Not that I'm one to keep a car all original. or let it sit in a garage. Except of course if your in the middle of putting a brake kit on it or a new 1915cc or the likes eh. The price right now is still the big question for me. it seems high to me despite it all. He said he is willing to go down a little on the price but by talking doesnt seem like enough to put it in my price range. thats why I ask what youve seen them go for the doller is about the same in value as the CHF.

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
67 Stored
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2004, 11:45:58 PM »
That seems high in my range, I see quite a few orig cars go for 5 to 7500 range.  I hope that is CND, if not i would look for better deals!
(It really depends if that is the year of the car you like, If you will love it forever than it is cheap!)
Cheers! :blink:  
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline 62bugg

• http://
67 Stored
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 06:07:32 PM »
s3racing,

I got my 1961 Beetle Standard, with 54000 km, all original right down to the tires (german Firestone Phoenix) for $1700 canadian with some accessories, working radio and all 6 volt, only none original parts are a brake resevoir and wheel cyclinders. Now granted i have some rust and some dents to hammer out but the car is all there and solid. Original interior, carpet needs replacing but big deal. So theres something you can guage the price against.

Rob C  

Offline Hoosier Daddy

67 Stored
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 08:25:32 AM »
Hey Rob C, I really enjoyed your car out at the show. Man what a find!
Thanks for bringing it out.
Shane