Author Topic: Project Canadian Bucket  (Read 15655 times)

Russ

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2005, 01:09:39 PM »
wow,
great job.
looks good keep up the good work,i may have to get started on mine again very soon:)

looks good
russ

Offline Hansk

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2005, 08:54:55 PM »
Looks good!! Thanks for posting all this cause I'm going to be doing the same stuff on my 60..........some day.
Big fat black fastback

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2005, 11:24:50 PM »
thanks russ & hansk.

and there will be alot more pics to come, hansk. you know that song \"there's a hole in my bucket, dear liza, dear liza..\" well lets just say that there are alot of holes in this \"bucket\". B)  

Offline kirin

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 04:06:30 AM »
Hey Silas.
Always great to see project pics and strangly I'm having a hankering to do a body off to the Bert' when I get home. Its great to see some indepth pictures and it just truly shows your dedication to your car and this hobby. Keep up the great work. When I get back   i'd love to give you a hand some time.
Keep up the great work and keep the faith :rockon:  
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2005, 08:51:09 AM »
Lookin good Silas, Keep working on it and it will be done in no time.

Offline silas

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2005, 09:47:09 PM »
some more work and some more pics.

cut, fit, prepped and welded in the passengers rear crossmember.

the old passengers side heater channel...

...gonzo.

now i'm working on fitting & prepping the new h/c and the bottom 3\"s of the front firewall.

here are a couple pics of the previous owners work on the passengers rear 1/4 panel.

notice the sticker? no prep work done at all. didnt even take off the sticker, just brazed it on. blaahhhhppp.

close up of the sticker. i've never heard of veng. anyone know who makes it or where it's made? i'm guessing baghjul means beetle. anyone know the language? just curious.

a little taste of the og colour.

more to come, stay tuned. B)  

Offline shortseurocustom

• http://
Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2005, 08:23:35 PM »
Nice to have a fresh \"canvas\" to work with!?!  BTW- Not to hurt anyones feelings- the blaster I use in Bellingham charges $400 US to do a complete body-off bug... He's not giving good deals, he's just cheap. It may be worth the border if you're paying upwards of $800 and higher. I haven't seen any better blasts and I have seen a lot!

Hey Silas- I have a buyer for my \"bastard Fuchs\"!!!!!!! It's your fault! Really I have another set of wheels almost finished, no hard feelings one bit!

I bet it took more primer than you expected? Good luck with your project. :)

If you want it bad, you'll get it bad- The worse you want it the worse it will be!

Offline Mike Scott

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 10:07:01 PM »
Whats up with the project Silas?

Time to dust it off?

Offline silas

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 11:19:27 PM »
Whats up with the project Silas?

Time to dust it off?
holy s#!t, over 2 years since my last post...thanks for bringing it to the top mike. ;)

not much has changed. 2 years at bcit and a part time job left little time and money to do anything. lately i've been focused on the other more important things in life.

the car is still safe in the garage and i am tentatively looking for an early drivers side door. mine is right hooped and i need to fix it right or get a good one to insure proper door gaps. apart from that i just need to get my ass in gear and go at it. the car wont build itself, dammit, no matter how much i tell it to. B)

Offline Jeremy

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2007, 10:53:28 PM »
Keep up the good work. I've got the same work to do to the '59 soon. It's good to see how your tackling it and where to start. A few questions. Where did you buy the heater channels  and  body parts from? I notice you bought some without heat tubes throught them. any reason for that. Finally what are you using to cut the parts out with? Mini grinder? Air grinder? The pics are great. Keep them coming.

Jeremy
'59 Beetle
'59 Single Cab

Offline silas

Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2007, 10:45:43 PM »
Keep up the good work. I've got the same work to do to the '59 soon. It's good to see how your tackling it and where to start. A few questions. Where did you buy the heater channels  and  body parts from? I notice you bought some without heat tubes throught them. any reason for that. Finally what are you using to cut the parts out with? Mini grinder? Air grinder? The pics are great. Keep them coming.

Jeremy
thanks.

i bought the heater channels from airspeed. they are the \"econo\" heater channels. they do not have the heat tubes in them. i chose them for 2 reasons. this car will be a fair weather driver only so there is no need for heat, but more importantly, after looking at the deluxe heater channels and the econo heater channels, i noticed that the econo heater channels are shaped more like the original heater channels. the bend near the a pillar and the stampings on them are a very close match to original. for me, it was most important to have a part that closely resembled original.

i also purchased the other metal (rear crossmembers, rear 1/4's, front firewall, pans) from airspeed. all parts are available from cip, tho.

to cut parts i use tin snips, an angle grinder w/ 5\" cutting disc or a pnuematic die grinder w/ 2\" cutting disc.

updates are slow and pics will be coming.

good luck with your 59. B)  

Offline Chris W

• Portland Oregon
Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2007, 10:51:36 PM »
How are you going to fix the rust? I hope you have not welded anything. From the looks of things you have. I will take the no unsafe car off your hands at no cost to you asap.

Offline silas

Re: Project Canadian Bucket
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »
oh s#!t...talk about raising the dead... ;) ;D

well...i had to backburner the oval again and move it to temporary storage so i could stuff the 64 in the garage...not the best day to tow a car with an open roof & no glass...but it all went well...

it's new home for now...thanks again for the space dude!! :-*

and the 64 can hibernate in peace...

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2009, 08:01:29 PM »
Sweet tow rig!!!!

Offline silas

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2009, 11:36:28 PM »
Sweet tow rig!!!!

ha!! i figured one of you dvkk'ers would like that bbbad boi! 8)

Offline kirin

« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2009, 02:32:20 PM »
So your oval is living at costco? Lol
If more power is better. Then too much is just enough.
Why do it once when you can do it thrice?