Author Topic: 56 sc project  (Read 10086 times)

Offline josh

Re: 56 sc project
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 06:02:03 PM »
that's one sweet lookin' truck bye!! nice work man
55 ragtop T1
56 kombi T2

Offline johnny main

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2009, 06:26:53 PM »
looks awsome man and those wheels look familiar too!, looks like it will be a nice driver

Offline buggybilly

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 09:05:13 PM »
you got the wheels mounted up i will send the studs over if want sorry man.
looks great.
ya those were johnnys wheel first be brought em in from randy!

Offline AirCooledRules

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 08:56:10 AM »
Is this the truck that was sitting in poco for the longest time ? or am i thinking of another one.
1960 Volkswagen Beetle

1975 Honda CB125S
1983 Audi UR-Quattro
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1998 Audi A6

Offline GRK

• http://
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 09:55:16 PM »
Hows this project coming along? Jerry get her done! It will give Hans something to dream about and maybe use his single as something more than a work bench/storage unit :laugh: ! ( Sorry hans I couldn't resist the dig) I know in reality theres a lot on the go. One project at a time.

Gary

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Yes, this is the one that sat in the yard in Poco for a long time.
I haven't done much with it in the last 4-5 weeks....actually I haven't done anything with it. I'm still waiting for my IRS conversion kit from WW...hopefully it gets here soon.
I was hoping to have it out by the end of June but without help or new found modivation it probably won't happen. I'm picking up parts at CIP today...hopefully that gets me going!
Gary.....as for a certian SC that's so buried in parts in someone's garage....I think he's gonna start on it next year! :)
Gerry
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2009, 09:08:24 PM »
Well, I painted the bumpers this weekend and got the front mounted on. Started the wiring and it's comming along slowly....i think im doing better with it than I expected. I'm mounting the gas tank one nite this week and pulling the tranny....maybe my IRS kit will show up from Wagons West one of these days! LOL
Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »
Well, the IRS conversion is complete!  It was fairly easy...some extra items needed and some stuff that nobody really tells you but it went pretty good.
Today I put the gas tank in and cleaned up a stock 1600cc motor that came with the truck. Hopefully this is a working motor....it's going in tomorrow and should be running within a week or so. As of right now I have a merged header on it but no muffler....If anybody has a muffler to sell that fits with my header  hit me up...I need one.
Anyway, tomorrow should be a good day and i think i'm gonna make some good progress....maybe it will make an appearence at Boston Pizza in a few weeks!
Gerry

Offline buggybilly

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
did you get a 64-67 bus beam?

Bill

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 08:39:50 PM »
I hear there is a good chance the SC may make an aperance at the next BP's July 26th?

Keep up the hard work!

Offline surgerypending

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 12:16:36 AM »
It was a good weekend and I got lots done. Pretty much all of the wiring is done, carbs cleaned and seems to run fine. Almost made it tru my shifter issues....I now have all gears and reverse(some more work needed here tho).It's looking like the SC will make it out the driveway some time this week. It definately won't be finished but maybe with a few more late nites I can get to cruise it to BP this weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Gerry

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 10:37:24 PM »
It was a good weekend and I got lots done. Pretty much all of the wiring is done, carbs cleaned and seems to run fine. Almost made it tru my shifter issues....I now have all gears and reverse(some more work needed here tho).It's looking like the SC will make it out the driveway some time this week. It definately won't be finished but maybe with a few more late nites I can get to cruise it to BP this weekend! Keeping my fingers crossed!
Gerry

right on gerry!!!

power through it brother!!! i'm really excited to see this thing in person....it's looking like one badass truck!! 8)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 07:47:54 AM »
Newfie bullet II
 keep at it you still have a few days before BP's