Author Topic: Seat Covers  (Read 557 times)

Offline Schvengy

Seat Covers
« on: March 09, 2007, 10:07:32 AM »
I have been trying to find some seat covers for my 59 bug.....something to cover up the originals .....no funds right now to recover.  Where might i find some that will fit?

Thanks
Willis  

Offline AirCooledRules

Seat Covers
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »
As far as actual upholstry covers, pretty much most acvw parts suppliers can get them. in town your best bet is cip1.com

But i think your talking about covers for your seats, which i dont think anyone makes. Not anymore.  you can get some sheep skin covers or something else cheap at canadian tire or similar that would be universal, but i would just leave the seats the way they are until you are ready to re-upholster.

Afterall the ratty shitty look is in right now =). My seats are completely original and torn to bits, with the springs exposed and i think its sweet.  :blink:  
1960 Volkswagen Beetle

1975 Honda CB125S
1983 Audi UR-Quattro
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1998 Audi A6

Offline Schvengy

Seat Covers
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »
I don't mind the rips but the wool or what ever it is gets all over ya...and the wife .. [_[ ......last summer i pulled a couple of t shirts over them ... B)  

Thanks for the info ...
Willis

Offline daniellevws

• http://
Seat Covers
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:03:38 PM »
you can always buy a set of shitty repop seat covers... tmi, etc. and just pull em over. they're not too pricey. depends on what it's worth to you. or... just sew some. it's really not that hard. really...