Author Topic: Gordons VW got ripped off  (Read 10632 times)

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
Gordons VW got ripped off
« on: August 08, 2013, 12:03:44 PM »
posted on facebook:

1984 VW Volkswagen (rip-off) - $700 (Langley)
This is the second posting explaining the sad story of a bad person who ripped off Gordons VW Auto Wrecking and Repair. I made a verbal agreement Mr Cory Paulger to supply and install a head gasket and water pump on his diesel Jetta. I did the job as requested and put the car outside in my lot. A week later in the middle of the night Mr Paulger used his second set of keys and drove the vehicle away without paying. After leaving messages on his cel phone requesting payment Mr Paulger said he has contacted the RCMP and opened a harassment case against me (the nerve of some thieves). I contacted the RCMP and they informed me there wasnt anything they could do as I didnt have a signed work order (I stupidly just took Cory's word). When Cory Paulger initially came in he bragged to me that he liked the little diesel because he got free fuel from the trucking company he worked for (I should have clued in right away that he was a thief as he obviously was stealing fuel from his employer). I would like to thank those of you that have assisted me in gaining info on this low life. Would appreciate it if someone could call me with his employers name so I could have a chat with his boss. Dont care about getting any money out of this thief but would like to make him regret his actions. Thanks Erik 604 533 3506. ps, more to come on social media, facebook, Langley Times, etc... Keep watching. Going to be fun

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/3988769655.html
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 06:52:38 PM by jason_hamilton »
brian waz

Offline jason_hamilton

• Admin
  • 1969 Karmann Ghia 2161cc
Re: Gordons VW got ripped off
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »
Changed the topic title to avoid confusion.
Jason Hamilton

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 09:26:47 PM »
thanks Jason...
brian waz

Offline Jerome

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 08:38:31 PM »
Would be a shame if the head gasket happened to "disappear "...
Sucks to your assmar.

Offline Chad M

• Custom Title
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Just for curiousity sake, is this the same guy?

http://roverlanders.bc.ca/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=founders_day2010awards&id=paulger

My sincere apologies if it isn't.

Offline Randy

• Formerly Tikitime
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39:16 AM »

http://roverlanders.bc.ca/gallery/view_photo.php?set_albumName=founders_day2010awards&id=paulger

If it is, the Rover-Landers club meets every 3rd thurs of the month. Maybe they would like to hear about this.

Offline beetlemandan

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 11:47:35 AM »
Would be a shame if the head gasket happened to "disappear "...

generally, its more of a shame that somehow valve grind compound "mysteriously" makes its way into the engine oil, coolant and gear oil
the customer is always wrong

Offline bwaz

• brian waz
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 12:31:50 PM »

If it is, the Rover-Landers club meets every 3rd thurs of the month. Maybe they would like to hear about this.

According to Erik, he says: "that's the d*@*head". He said he's not very computer savy, but would appreciate anyone making others aware of the situation and how he was taken while being too trusting.
brian waz

Offline Cameron

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 01:03:47 PM »
posted on facebook:

I made a verbal agreement Mr Cory Paulger to supply and install a head gasket and water pump on his diesel Jetta. I did the job as requested and put the car outside in my lot. A week later in the middle of the night Mr Paulger used his second set of keys and drove the vehicle away without paying.

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/3988769655.html

I know this comment is made after the fact, but it may stop this from happening again.

Many years ago, when I worked for VW repair shop, we would remove the fuel pump relays from the cars that were left outside. And re-install the relay once the customer had paid the bill. That way they couldn't come by in the middle of the night and drive away.

It's an insane world out there... and I'm proud to be part of it!

Offline AirCooledRules

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2013, 10:53:16 AM »
I've had similar situations happen and the police won't do anything nor would the courts. You basically have to take it into your own hands. Unfortunate but that's the only option.

I think Erik should take the second set of keys that he has, go pick the car up, take out the head gasket and water pump and park it out front of the shop and tell Paul that he is free to pick it up whenever he likes.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:00:06 AM by AirCooledRules »
1960 Volkswagen Beetle

1975 Honda CB125S
1983 Audi UR-Quattro
1984 Volkswagen Rabbit GTI
1998 Audi A6

Offline jefftrish

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
In a situation like this, you learn your lesson and move on.
Let people know "Beware" of this person. If you try to get back at these kind of people, then your lowering yourself to there level. If you do get back at them, you could be putting yourself and family in danger.

I don't believe in karma, but I do believe these kinds of people seem to get what they deserve!
Or is this the definition of karma?

Regards
Jeff

Offline Alp

• I’m not your type. I’m not inflatable.
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2013, 10:34:27 PM »
late one night take his drain plug out