Author Topic: Dual Carbs On An 1800cc In A '75 Bus.....  (Read 1397 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Dual Carbs On An 1800cc In A '75 Bus.....
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:18:52 PM »
...so i havent messed with type 2's much (or anything bigger than a 1600cc for that matter) so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask our local type 2 experts some questions.....

'75 vw bus w/ an 1800cc motor that currently has a 009 distributor, weber progressive carb and the long intake runners. looking to punt the progressive and the long runners and put some dual carbs on it.

so for anyone that has run a similar set-up w/ dual carbs or has some knowledge about such a set-up.....

-what size & make of carbs would be best?

-what type of linkage works best?

-what type of manifolds work best?

-what kind of cash are we looking at for the complete set-up (new or used, i can rebuild them if need be)?

the plan is to make the bus a smooth running, realiable, economic (ish), driver.

any and all advice related to the topic is appreciated. B)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 05:19:23 PM by silas »

Offline Bruce

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »
Hands down, Dellorto 36 DRLAs.  Find the whole CB kit, manifolds, linkage, air cleaners.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:23:05 AM »
thanks bruce. i appreciated and value your input.

anyone else have any opinions on this?

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 12:12:57 PM »
thanks bruce. i appreciated and value your input.

anyone else have any opinions on this?
I personally agree with MR Bruce.

I am not an expert but everything I have read about the subject has lead me to either Kad,s 40s or Dells.

I have used and owned both settings. I have Kadrons on my 1835cc which is in storage and i do like them. My 2165cc has a set of Dells 36s which most people will consider too small.  I understand that Dells are equivalent to one step up Webbers so the 36s are equal to 40s and so on.

Here is an article I copied a long time ago from a site:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This is the most widely used aircooled VW carburetor, and the one we recommend in almost all cases. The IDF's come in 40, 44, and 48mm sizes, and are excellent carbs for street cars. These are also the carb of choice for off road vehicles due to an excellent progression circuit and superior fuel control! These will not flood like the DCNF. The IDF's have many advantages over the other carb sets available: