Author Topic: Hubcap clips repair?  (Read 2941 times)

Offline vridaw

Hubcap clips repair?
« on: August 06, 2016, 12:39:57 PM »
I have some wide 5s wheels that need some new clips as a few of them broke off.

Any recommendations for shops that can tackle the job? I don't have time to build the revitting tools necessary to put new ones in.

Thanks!

Offline BUSDADDY

• Like potato chips, you can't have just one
Re: Hubcap clips repair?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 03:00:24 PM »
Machine screws and nuts do the same thing as a rivet, they just take more time to install which slows down production lines.
RUST NEVER SLEEPS

Offline vridaw

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 04:48:05 PM »
Ok - any ideas where to get them on a weekend? CIP1 has them but I won't be able to get them until a couple of days.

Offline ray

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2016, 07:46:14 AM »
Dwane @ Dwane's German auto house . Langley BC . He has done it before or can show you a easy way to do it . Balancing is a problem , 2 places that I know of . Kal tire main St. Vancouver ? Big O tire Maple Ridge ? Think they still have the adapter . If you want straight rims with clips already on ..... Oval's motor sports in Fife WA . Primed ready to paint . $ 55.00 each . Wide five smoothies & others .

Offline vridaw

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2016, 06:44:02 PM »
Dwane @ Dwane's German auto house . Langley BC . He has done it before or can show you a easy way to do it . Balancing is a problem , 2 places that I know of . Kal tire main St. Vancouver ? Big O tire Maple Ridge ? Think they still have the adapter . If you want straight rims with clips already on ..... Oval's motor sports in Fife WA . Primed ready to paint . $ 55.00 each . Wide five smoothies & others .

That is solid info - thanks v. much!

If I can get my hands on the adapter to help balance the wheels it would make my life a whole lot easier, I'll ask around! Thanks again.