Author Topic: Here Comes The Shiny Bits  (Read 13065 times)

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Here Comes The Shiny Bits
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2005, 07:33:35 AM »
Well Jim, your car is truly inspirational. If you can put all your know how to building a tranny that will hold up Ill be more impressed. All that work and all youll get is maybe 2 passes on it before you brake something. Sorry, just going by what Ive seen in the last couple of years. ;)  Klaatu hasnt met the Red Snapper yet, be scared! :P  

Offline Trevor P

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2005, 11:58:02 AM »
Seems to me that car should be worthy of a Mendeola. Easy for me to say since I'm not the one writing the checks!
Your car is defineatly something to watch for next year...keep up the great work Jim. :rockon:  
'53 Barndoor single cab
'57 Cal-look oval 2332cc / Berg 5
'70 911T

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2005, 03:44:03 PM »
Yeah Yeah , Just shut up and put up a number like the rest of them....
I think you need to stop making love to the intercooler and start working on that car....
Ok, lets all chip in and buy Shane a winter hobby. I think he is getting cabin fever without the Hulk to look forward to. :wacko:  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline G-dog

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2005, 03:47:49 PM »
Mendeola ,removable apron ,5pt cage ,suddenly it ain't much of a street car with the tranny raise already done  .Maybe the water bucket has room to hold a couple of pops &sandwiches for those lovely 140 mph Sunday drives!
1967 Beetle (the only year worth considering)/Berg 5

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2005, 05:09:50 PM »
Mendeola ,removable apron ,5pt cage ,suddenly it ain't much of a street car with the tranny raise already done  .Maybe the water bucket has room to hold a couple of pops &sandwiches for those lovely 140 mph Sunday drives!
Now your thinking G-dog.. ;)  I know at 130 I get pretty hungry...Could you do like a leather wrap on the top of the box?
Diamond plate look?

Jason.... I have a hobby and that is picking on you , I don't need more tham one Hobby... See Jimmy ribs me and I rib him.. That is how the game works...
Wanna try play?  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:10:23 PM by Pointblank »
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline slammedbus

• Check us out on Facebook
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2005, 06:41:31 PM »

Jason.... I have a hobby and that is picking on you , I don't need more tham one Hobby... See Jimmy ribs me and I rib him.. That is how the game works...
Wanna try play?  ;)
You've met me right?? Do I seem bright enough to play a game of wits??? Gee thanks buddy! :)  
Wreck Amended Restorations

Honest work for honest rates. Done by people that are just as excited to see your dream hit the road as you are.

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2005, 08:53:42 PM »
Well you do live in Salmon arm.... ;) I am sorry I will try and slow it down for you :P  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph