Author Topic: Heb Rod Update #6  (Read 8906 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Heb Rod Update #6
« on: October 08, 2004, 11:39:44 AM »
I spent a little more time the last few nights fitting a new nose and starting on the rear seat.

Here the new nose has been welded into place and trimmed. This is a rough cut and will be finished later.

This shot you can see the apron was retained and will have a backing welded to it that will follow the contour of the new wheel opening.

Below is a pic of a orig Heb rear seat area. I will make mine close to this but with a few changes. This pic shows all the structure that stiffens and suports the body.

Here is where things get a little more dificult. I need to make the rear seat functional, able to fold down to access the rear storage area, have enough room for the crotch coolers and roof + roof for the battery.

A ghia rear seat seems to be a close match to what I need. Looking at a heb rear seat they are very close. It's going to be uncomfortable and cramped but I'll never be back there :-)

Here is a shot with the seat resting in place, The back rest is just resting there to get a idea. When the top is down your back will be touching the roof bows slighty.

And thats about if for this week, I hope to do a little more on Sunday.
Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2005, 11:20:50 AM by Gkafer »