Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2791 times)

Offline in da weeds

Hello
« on: May 28, 2004, 08:38:46 AM »
:D hello all , we just bought our first vw in about 12 years , a 57 oval, and came to your site looking for parts. looks like we came to the right place, as the new project is going to take some considerable time and work.Ive owned a few VWs in the past including a '56 barndoor, '72 westy, '66 ghia , '64 fasty , 3 '72 squares(like those sqwares),so , not new to the VW scene , just been away a while.The car we bought was behind a barn and was sitting for a while and has a few parts it doesn't need  :blink: and a bunch of parts it does :( , still haven't brought it home yet so the list has not yet begun .looking forward to ideas and tech advice and hope we can help where we can .cheers  

Offline James Buchan

Hello
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 08:42:06 AM »
Welcome aboard!

Nice to see people come back to the hobby!

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Hello
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 10:52:27 AM »
Good to have you here.

Offline kelkar

• http://www.chevyacres.com
Hello
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 01:00:53 PM »
Welcome, it seems once you get 'air' in your blood, you get hooked for life! B)  
66 bug 1914 turbo
72 square 1914
70 Baja 1641
67 camaro

Offline steveo_32

• Gonna'own em all one day!
  • Waz up
Hello
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 10:56:02 PM »
Nice to meet cha!!
Cheers! :wacko:  
1958 Samba 23 Window
1963 Ghia
1965 type 3 wago
1971 KG14 convert
Looking for a barn find oval!! something un-screwed with(or split)

Offline jim martin

• If something is priced to good to be true ,do yourself a favour. DONT be a IDIOT and BUY IT
    • http://www.dialedinperformance.com
Hello
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 10:59:54 PM »
welcome ,post some picts sometime soon.

the 'WOK" June 2006 Hot VW's feature car  9.830 sec at 143.44 mph.
Sponsored by : LUCAS OIL PRODUCTS   www.lucasoil.com
KROC head porting services
Dialedinp

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
Hello
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 12:55:32 AM »
welcome to the forum and welcome to the wonderfull world of ovals. i've got a 56 and i love it.

not meant to jump your stuff, but i'm pretty sure late 54 and down was barndoor bus. your 56 wasnt. i think alot of people refer to the dual passenger side doors as barndoors, but this is incorrect. a barndoor bus has one large door at the back, exposing the engine bay and rear cargo area when opened.

cheers and good luck on your oval. post some pics if you can, i'd love to see some.

Offline in da weeds

Hello
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 07:11:09 AM »
thats why im gonna like this place, ive been reading and you guys really know your stuff. :lol:  ok so i had a 56 bus with dual pass. side doors . I never really got anywhere with that thing ........im goin to pick up the oval this morning , ill get some pics up tonight. its going to need a lot of work , i think it was a baha at one time but it has aprons on it now ,the wrong year aprons . once its in the drive way ill have a better idea where i want to go with this , but leaning towards low, wide and fast . thanx for the welcome , see you guys at airspeed real soon . B)  

Offline Hoosier Daddy

Hello
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2004, 07:49:39 AM »
Welcome to the site :D  

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Hello
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2004, 10:00:15 AM »
Hey welcome to the site..... Hope to see you out enjoying that Oval soon
 :D  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline btljuce

Hello
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2004, 08:20:35 PM »
ovals ruuule !!! good choice!!  there is lots of knowledge on this site.Remember,there is no such thing as a stupid question!!!  enjoy the oval

Der Kleiner Rennwagens
 56 rag oval now  2332 !!
 56 wolfsburg kombi

Offline in da weeds

Hello
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 09:42:23 PM »
not so sure it was a good choice  :( it WAS a baha at one time and maybe a parade float or two . its a mess . the heater channels are gone, needs a pan , lots of metal . the dash was switched to a later year with a radio and a mech feul guage. good job too. i should have researched the year characteristics of the car . like i said , its been a while and its my first bug. there are still a lot of original parts and it did come with a rolling IRS pan  and a  pick-up full of vw parts  ;) and the regi , so maybe we wont be cruisin that soon but  we will see you at the shows.

Offline thrasherbill

• http://www.volksrods.com/id103.htm
Hello
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2004, 10:09:30 PM »
SOunds like a perfect candidate for a VolksRod!!!

ThrasheR
Screw preservation... hand me that Sawzall!

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline moni

• http://www.texturedimpressions.com
Hello
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2004, 10:16:02 PM »
don't mind billy, in da weeds. he's always been our black sheep...  :P  

welcome aboard, btw.
Sometimes I get the feeling the whole world is against me, but deep down I know that's not true. Some smaller countries are neutral.

Offline thrasherbill

• http://www.volksrods.com/id103.htm
Hello
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2004, 10:21:50 PM »
don't mind billy, in da weeds. he's always been our black sheep...  :P  

welcome aboard, btw.
And damn proud of it! :rockon:

Welcome to the madness that is aircooled VW's!

ThrasheR
Screw preservation... hand me that Sawzall!

CLICK.

Pinhead Lounge

Offline hellgti

• http://
Hello
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2004, 08:58:35 AM »
you had a double door '56 bus??  hmmm......I had one about 5-6 years ago that I sold.  could it be the same one???  it had oldschool original logos for a textile company in saskatchewan somewhere.  originaly dove blue.  but when I sold it, it was stripped and lots of the paint was off because I had started a resto.  I sold it to Dave Tomblin at Country Volks.....

Offline in da weeds

Hello
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2004, 07:53:38 PM »
the bus i had was never on the road .i pulled it out of a blackberry bush in 1989. was basicly a shell with no motor and being 19 and broke ,i wasn't going to get far. i sold it to AL's beetlemania for type 3 parts ...... we learn.      oh and hey THRASHERBILL , thats kinda what i was thinkin ,a little lower , a little wider, a lot louder . sorry oldschool guys but if you saw the car .......................................:blink: [(this guy is hilarious)