Specialty Forums > Racing

GCVW'S Aug 21 st Mission raceway

<< < (2/5) > >>

josh:
We will see......I'm doing pretty good breaking parts running in garage so far :41:

red snapper:
This sounds like if could be fun. The tech guys know my car really well, I have brought it there on a street legal night many times. They just tell me to put a plate on it. I just took it off my truck and no f*!#£%'s were givin. See you guys there. I hope more people come out to race this year. You know who you are!

neil68:
I'm thinking about bringing my Beetle to Mission, but I do get concerned about some of the tech inspectors.

I race in Edmonton mostly, and have a season tech pass, so I'm good for the year.

At Rimbey, I almost failed tech this year.,as the inspector wanted to test my auto shut-off switch.  Since my Beetle is mostly stock, I don't have that item. I had to explain that it's a street car that just happens to run 8.2 seconds in the 1/8th mile.

One time at Medicine Hat the tech inspector didn't like my harness being wrapped around the RLR roll bar cross member.  Since it's powder coated, I haven't bothered adding a belt retaining loop.

Anyway, I have a stock Beetle except for RLR roll bar, 5-point harness and 2332 cc. Hopefully, they will still allow me to race at Mission since I'm mostly in the "mid 12-second" range.

Bruce:
You've been to Mission before, did they give you any grief? 
Bring the rule book.  If they want to ding you on something, make them show you where it is in the book.

Bring that thing down!  Bring bigger main jets, cause you know how much faster it will be......

jim martin:
Brian, not sure if you are mixing both events up
This is not the street legals I'm talking about but a race event held the same night called the "BC Street Car Shootout "
I will scan and post rules of event
I think it's very cool and a good chance for anyone running faster than 12.5 seconds to compete instead of just running down the track.
I'm turnning boost down and getting a real Brite shift lamp

Neal I know you want a piece of me, COME and get it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version