GCVW'S Aug 21 st Mission raceway

<< < (4/5) > >>

jim martin:

Can you post a pic of your nuts?

Bruce this is just wrong , get outside and get some fresh air

Neal this is what you are looking for

picture of nuts?huh

neil68:
I bought these Bogart wheels from a guy who raced at Sac.  They came with this set of shoulder nuts, each with a stud loctited inside.  They work for me because I swap back and forth wtih stock wheels & lug nuts.

jim martin:
neal when you read the info in this link you can see why they are questioning you ,i dont blam them
and just because some raced at another place does not make it correct
the alan bolt is not a pressed in stud and does not extend past the nut .
if the nuts were a cap nut and the alan bolts was not visable i dont think you would be questioned

i have to ask something
how much thread when the wheel is bolted to the disc is used .is it flush /extending past disc and into hub ?
as well how many threads does the alan bolt catch in the nut .
i would take it apart and check it out .
heat it up and dissasemble for piece of mind .
once apart should be a 14mm bolt make sure it has a full 14mm of thread contact .

- options even thoe real crappy
tech with other wheels and swap
lathe nut down so its flush with alan bolt after measuring everything

picture of nuts?huh

neil68:
Hi Jim,

IIRC, nine of the ten threads that are visible in the photo extend into the rotor, with one thread extending inside.  There are only nine threads on these Varga rotors.

I will take one of these apart tomorrow and inspect.  I'm confident that the number of overlapping threads inside the nut exceeds the diameter of the stud...14 mm.

neil68:
I went to Wheel Pro's today and they had the correct shank nuts to fit my Bogart front wheels and the 14 x 1.5 studs.  These nuts have a "closed" cap, just like the picture in the link Jim posted above.  The shank nut is actually threaded with a 28 mm overlap with the stud, and the portion inside what would be the "equivalent to the nut" is more than 14 mm.  So, I'm in compliance with the rules now, I'll install those before the tech inspection.

Another racing question:  since my IDA's were jetted for 3500 ft elevation here in Calgary, what ballpark changes should I make for Mission? I can make additional changes between races, but would like a good starting point.  Here is my current jet stack:

44 mm venturies
F2 tube
60/120 idle
185 main fuel
220 air

The jetting suggestion that came with my Raptor venturies was for the main and fuel to be fairly similar (180-185 each), so I could keep the 185 main and switch to 180 or 190 air.

Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version