Author Topic: New Member Outkast  (Read 3170 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
New Member Outkast
« on: January 23, 2004, 09:09:22 AM »
OUTKAST asked if i could post a few pic's for him, here they are!  Nice bus!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 01:28:22 PM by Gkafer »

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
New Member Outkast
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 09:19:09 AM »
OUTKAST?  Looks to me he should have called himself OUTPATIENT! lol. Nice pics Marty. :rolleyes:  

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 11:25:18 AM »
Thanks GKafer for your help with photos, And REDSNAPPER everyone deserves a day pass once and a while

Enjoying driving the bus as is for now still working on game plan for it.Converted to 12 volt ,1500 single port ,Complete brake job font to back.
New roofrack 3/4 not in photo.

Found that Bus selecta site ,that si giving me some intresting options for a makeover of the bus . Some do some don't but I named the bus BLUE

ENJOY THE PICS the other car is a 86 lowered GTI that's my daily driver

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
New Member Outkast
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2004, 01:26:13 PM »
you said in your other post that the 57 kombi is original and unrestored. that is amazing. is that og paint? what is the mileage on the bus and is the motor still the original? the last pic looks awesome. what kind of shape is the body in? has it been hit?

if all this is in good-great condition, imho, i would keep it as is. unless there are some horrible wrongs with that bus that the pics dont show, it is in incredible shape for being almost 50 years old.

is that dove blue?

sorry for all the q's, i'm just really digging that ride.

Stephan Schmidt

New Member Outkast
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2004, 01:37:20 PM »
you said in your other post that the 57 kombi is original and unrestored. that is amazing. is that og paint? what is the mileage on the bus and is the motor still the original? the last pic looks awesome. what kind of shape is the body in? has it been hit?

if all this is in good-great condition, imho, i would keep it as is. unless there are some horrible wrongs with that bus that the pics dont show, it is in incredible shape for being almost 50 years old.

is that dove blue?

sorry for all the q's, i'm just really digging that ride.
 :mullet:

Stephan

Offline silas

New Member Outkast
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2004, 01:43:49 PM »
hey, why cant i see that pic?

i see the smiley mullet and a red x with user posted image!

d'oh!

Stephan Schmidt

New Member Outkast
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 01:47:08 PM »
hey, why cant i see that pic?

i see the smiley mullet and a red x with user posted image!

d'oh!
its from another site

Offline silas

New Member Outkast
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 01:50:08 PM »
i'm sorry, i dont understand.

i still cant see those. i just get 3 red x's.

Stephan Schmidt

New Member Outkast
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 02:03:19 PM »
i'm sorry, i dont understand.

i still cant see those. i just get 3 red x's.
 oh really?  hmm, it works for me.  give me those IDA manifolds in your avatar, and I'll try to fix it for you :P

WICKED BUS!

let us know the details! :rockon:

Stephan

Offline silas

New Member Outkast
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2004, 02:45:31 PM »
those are og skat traks.

how about a glass of nos b.c. rainwater and a cracked bullet turn signal lense?

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2004, 03:05:33 PM »
HEY SILAS I should clarify unrestored ,it the speedo said 96,000 about 2 years ago before cable broke. have origanal motor not running stored at home.It has the origanalhand crank pulley and slotted apron ,no hand crank though. paid 800$ in kamloops about 6 years ago . Alldove blue paint in interior orig,appeared re painted many years ago ,Close to colonial blue [canadian tire] have painted up most surfaces to protect them paint badly baked off from sun redid the bumpers and rims while doing brakes .I'm going to need front right dogleg ,both outer rockers,possibly L,R rearcorners on the bottom .A loonie size hole in cargo area ,and some holes under driver and passenger side floor. Looks really great at 20 feet and forit's age still in great shape.So when I said origanal not to deceive anybody I have had to do somework to get it useableand not let it deteriate further. I would like to strip it right out and do a proper ,complete resto .All the rubber is og except the rear window. when I put 1500 in I painted tank and engine bay and detailed the motor up total about $2100 into it . Three summers driving it 3 camping trips, and alot of trips for slurpees at 7-11 the best store in the world . also installed factory clips and converted 70,s hammock into front bench for my daughter.

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 03:11:17 PM »
silas of course some mior nose damage but repairable Had one of those spare tire mounts up front once and someone with poor depth perception

3/4 length roof rack to get painted and put on this summer

Glad to hear you like the bus i,m going to keep this one for a long time

Offline silas

New Member Outkast
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2004, 03:48:09 PM »
thanks for the clarification, outkast. that bus is definately a keeper. i really love 50's buses.

all the problem areas sound fairly typical for a bus that age. rockers, corners and doglegs. it still sounds like it is in great shape for it's age. it would be cool if the og interior paint is saveable during the rebuild. although it wouldn't match the respray on the outside, it would be neat to see og paint on the inside.

where are you at? do go to the gcvws?

thanks for answering all my q's.

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2004, 05:50:02 PM »
I'm in Salmon Arm 1 hour out of kamloops , as for GCVW shows I have only been twice but have been to seattle about 16 times for Bugin and vintage meet Getting my buddy Tod to join forum ,we scanned a bunch of my photos in some are my old rides some are thunderbug photos and the rest are of my bus blue. todd a computer genius. look for a link or posting about the pics

Gotto go spend some time with my kids ,,Movie night Jim hensons DARK CRYSTAL   Later

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2004, 10:05:46 PM »
Here is the link to the pictures.

http://mowser.hypermart.net/marty.htm

Offline Mowser

• "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help. " Calvin
New Member Outkast
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2004, 10:12:56 PM »
Hi All,

I would be Todd.  Glad to be a part of the forum.  See you all around.  You may know me by name from Dropgates or The Samba.  Same ole Mo just different forum.

Later :D

Mo
'59 Beetle Ragtop
'59 15 Window

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2004, 07:45:09 AM »
TOD!!!!!!!!
wicked job the pictures and the link look awesome. thanks a whole bunch i owe you some fries,beer, movie ,popcorn you get it
later.

Check out the link to see some more pictures ofthe bus and some older photos.

Stephan Schmidt

New Member Outkast
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2004, 04:20:12 PM »
keep up the good work on the bus!

Stephan

Offline kombination

• http://mathilde.benzyne.com
New Member Outkast
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2004, 05:37:43 PM »
Outkast + Mowser!  I love the kombi and the double cab that you guys have.  Keep me posted on the progress of your rides.  Hopefully mine will be on the road by gcvws.  Cheers,  Ben

kombination
www.mathilde.benzyne.com

mathilde
1959 2.0L Volkswagen Kombi Bus

Offline OUTKAST

New Member Outkast
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2004, 03:08:03 AM »
THANKS STEPHAN AND KOMBINATION  I SOLD MY GTI TIS WEEK FOR CASH AND SOME METAL WORK ON THE BUS SO IT WILL BE LOOKING BETTER SOON.
COMING DOWN THURS OR FRI TO PICK UP 91 JETTA I BOUGHT HOPE TO CHECK OUT AIRSPEED SOMETIME SAT ON MY WAY OUT