Author Topic: Yet Another New Member Out Of The Shadows  (Read 2137 times)

Offline Rockdoc

Yet Another New Member Out Of The Shadows
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:26:52 AM »
Greetings Community: I just realized I may have committed a faux pas by posting before my introduction to this fine forum. Sorry. Been a "lurker" for sometime but felt it was time to reveal myself. Really enjoy your membership / look / and "data base". I am not really new to VWs as my daughters all have them and over 38 years I have owned everything from Bajas' to Ghias to Tri-Star Syncros, (Vans and doublecabs), three Porsches, blah blah blah. WONDERFUL to be back. My latest car was imported from Florida a year ago and has been disassembled and is slowly coming back together with TLC. Pics are posted in Bugbuzz introduction,(previous beautiful 60), in this forum. My job takes me away from home for a large percentage of the year but I am slowly dialing down my workload and making time for my family and hobby. {resto V.W.s/fly fishin/1st grandson}, Hope to have a long relationship here as it seems to be a friendly and most informative site.
So, Hi All. RGN {aka Rockdoc}

Offline red snapper

• http://ghiaguy682002@yahoo.ca
Re: Yet Another New Member Out Of The Shadows
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:24:15 AM »
Welcome!!

Offline egspot

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/egspot
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:34:39 AM »

Welcome to ASF. Where are you at?

Hope you get as much knowledge and support as I have from beign part of the forum.

Offline Randy

• Formerly Tikitime
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 01:32:15 PM »
Welcome,
This is a great forum.

Offline Rockdoc

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 03:10:56 PM »
Greetings Egspot: I am at work. Photo included. Great sat uplink today so I am back to browsing the Forums. Looking for ideas for the ragtop. Photos included. 120 6' 56.2445" / 54 42'22.4973". Just redid earth sat photos.

Welcome to ASF. Where are you at?

Hope you get as much knowledge and support as I have from beign part of the forum.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:24:10 PM by Rockdoc »

Offline egspot

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 06:10:53 AM »

Where are you at?

Washington.

That means you could make it next year to the Great Canadian Show (August)?

Great pictures.

Offline Rockdoc

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 03:41:08 AM »

Where are you at?

Washington.

That means you could make it next year to the Great Canadian Show (August)?

Great pictures.

Washington?? Uh.. No.....  I am actually from High River Alberta but am currently located on the side of a rather high plateau near Tumbler Ridge British Columbia. My sat was down intermittently so I could not reply sooner. That being said.... I am going to try to get out to Great Canadian Bug Show next year. Looking forward to see some WestCoast V.Ws'. Should have bug sorted by then and do plan on taking a few months off over the summer. With help of forum I can avoid some "mistakes" along the way. Ordered an Airtronic gas heater today and will install when I get home. One step at a time..... Rockdoc

Offline egspot

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 06:07:49 AM »

Wrong map  :-[

I had two family members up there for a good ten years back whe there was only one trafic light in Chetwyn.

Stay warm. ;D

Offline Rockdoc

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 10:17:25 PM »
I hear ya Egspot: I did seismic up here 35+ years ago, before Tumbler existed and Chetwynd was a speck in the forest. Not a lot has changed. Bit bigger but still pretty small. Beautiful country but pretty isolated. Snowing bigtime here at 23:15hrs and -7 degrees. HELLO winter.

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »
welcome to the asf!!!!

nice looking ride. i'm digging the 2 tone...different than your usual 2 tone and reminds me of the way my first acvw was painted (different colours tho).