Author Topic: Gas Leak  (Read 1044 times)

Offline blueberry

• Gary (Blueberry)
Gas Leak
« on: July 24, 2005, 10:26:23 PM »
So I was coming home from Seattle show last Saturday when I start to smell gas/exhaust. I wouldn't really know but apparently it is similar to being around pointblank after a hard night....... I have been having trouble with some of the hoses coming off (not gas lines) so I just opened the window more. ( At this point please don't PM me and explain to me just how stupid I am. That has been taken care of. Some of my friends are amazed that I have reached the age I have ). Hey I'm smarter than an old VW aren\"t I ( don't answer that either.) Anyhow I get home - after sitting in a bit of a border line up etc. and taking a back road home -  bouncy bouncy. I notice some liquid (?) dripping out of the engine compartment. Inside the engine compartment drivers side, is a pool of the liquid about a quarter inch deep. The fumes must have been getting to me by then because it took me a few seconds to figure out that the clear liquid I am looking at is GAS. Which is dripping all over the hot engine/exhaust. I decided to go inside and 1/ have supper 2/ up my insurance 3/ clean out my diapers!!! - not necessarily in that order!! On further investigation the gas was spraying from the accelerator pump. Thing ran fine ( is it supposed to if it is losing that much gas or did the electiric fuel pump just compensate for the loss?)
Anyhow - check the lines out all you van guys - while fixing the carbs I also changed some suspect lines. I can imagine the world without me - but losing Blueberry !!!!!  :o

Gary Endersby

Offline James Buchan

Gas Leak
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:16:55 AM »
Better buy a fire extinguisher too! Good thing you caught it before something bad happened!

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
    • Pointblank Installations
Gas Leak
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 08:55:34 PM »
when I start to smell gas/exhaust. I wouldn't really know but apparently it is similar to being around pointblank after a hard night.......
I think you are thiunking about Notchback... :o  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline blueberry

• Gary (Blueberry)
Gas Leak
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 09:00:43 PM »
I wondered when you would get around to replying!! Was gonna start yapping but the other thread with Kirin/Matt/Al Canuck & you seems to be having all the fun right now.
Hope the move worked out O.K. for you.  

Does Notchback really smell like gas/exhaust fumes??? Wild!!
Gary Endersby

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Gas Leak
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 09:02:47 PM »
Bluberry, Good to hear you and the bus made it back safe. Dont want to see any more Buses in flames on the I-5.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 09:06:17 PM by Gkafer »

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Gas Leak
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2005, 09:04:09 PM »
ASk Geoff he does.....
Move went well, Now we have to unpack... BUild a shop, New driveway, garage, fence a little of the yard .....But I would not trade it for the world, Loving it out here.. I am out on the back patio watching thekids play , Amanda is reading a book and I am sitting out here checking out the forums... :wub:  
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Billyisgr8

Gas Leak
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 09:15:19 PM »
ASk Geoff he does.....
Move went well, Now we have to unpack... BUild a shop, New driveway, garage, fence a little of the yard .....But I would not trade it for the world, Loving it out here.. I am out on the back patio watching thekids play , Amanda is reading a book and I am sitting out here checking out the forums... :wub:
So where did you move to?  I know you had mentioned about getting onto a much larger lot for all your business and personal stuff.  I am a little out of the loop now since we moved up here.

Remember if you ever come out this way we have a huge driveway and can park many vehicles, if you need a place to stay over on the way through.

Kevin

Offline Shane

• FTG Racing
Gas Leak
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 09:31:14 PM »
I bought 1.5 acres in Port Kells about 3 minutes from Airspeed., Love it here Outkast was here yesterday
FTG Canada
Brown Sugar
2014  8.97 @ 157mph

Offline busnerd

Gas Leak
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 10:32:29 PM »
I know the feeling, i had the brass fitting in the carb slip out on my '64.  and while I was merrily driving along with what fuel was left in the bowl of the carb the fuel pump was showering my engine with gas.  When I pulled over you could see a trail of gas like a bread crumb trail of where I had just driven.  Obviously no fire, but I took the time while the fuel was evaporating with collect my thoughts and think of what could have been.

Everybody check your fuel lines!