Author Topic: island bug jam 2019  (Read 2946 times)

Offline silas

• Some cool videos...Check them out!!
island bug jam 2019
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »

allright!! this show was last month on august 24th & 25th and i've been meaning to do a little recap but we've been busy extracting every last little bit of fun out of summer...now we got some time, so here goes...

i attended the 1st annual bug jam in 2017 and it was awesome, we missed last year because we were looking after a sick pet (rip flip), so we were very excited to attend the show this year...and...

...island bug jam 2019 was rad!!

the turnout was huge, lots of great people & cool cars! the cruise was scenic and relaxed! the show location is beautiful! and again the fact that this show runs in conjunction with the comox valley exhibition makes it so much fun for the whole family (live bands, food trucks, a midway with amusement park rides, hay rides, petting zoo, super dogs, vintage farm equipment displays, horse riding competitions, lumberjack competitions, wrestling, and much more)!!

plus this year, there was free camping on saturday night at the show site for all the vws! fun!!

big thanks and major kudos to the organizers, volunteers and sponsors for putting together such an amazing weekend!

mark this show on your calendars, it is a must attend weekend, we loved it and cant wait until next year!!

welcome to the comox valley...

part of the scenic vw cruise on saturday...

all vw camping at the show site on saturday night...you can see the lights on the rides in the midway just behind the trees...

the show on sunday, i didnt take alot of pics, too busy having fun...

beautiful zwitter with some cool canadian history, it was delivered to vw canada in toronto in early '53. by a total fluke, we had actually met the owner 2 years ago during a pit stop at a gas station in qualicum beach when he approached us to chat about our 64 bug...

i was fascinated by this brazilian 15 window...

we got a kick out of this lanyard/key chain...

and then after the bug jam show was over, we decided to go to denman island for the blackberry jam music festival & some more camping (we had been there on friday before bug jam too)...

all in all it was a really fun weekend on the island with great friends old & new!

we'll see you all again next year at island bug jam 2020!! whoohoo!!!

:cool: