Technical > Chassis & Suspension Forum

Shocks

<< < (2/2)

bwaz:
Randy's got a million of em! ;) comments that is

s3racing:
Bruce,

Your rear shocks you wrote they are for a 944 (Koni yellow's) do you know the part Nr. From them?
Is you car lowered at all in the rear? I'm lowering the rear of my IRS beetle approx. 2" maybe 2.5" at the most. Any idea if they would work on my car as well. I understand the rear suspension is really interchangeable from the 944 to the beetle and ghia. Are the 944 shocks shorter ev. Than the stock VW's that they might be the idea combo for a lowered beetle. Is that how you got to the 944 shocks. Thanks Bruce for your help!

Cheers René

Bruce:
Don't know the part number of the Koni Yellows for 944.  Found them in the wreckers.  It is an option on 944s (not common).  There is one difference in fitting them.  The top bushing is longer than a Beetle shock.  I just took out all the stock washers and it worked ok.  Bottom might be different too, I don't remember.  I'll have a look.
Don't worry about lengths.  All shocks will work.  The TA will hit the shock tower long before you bottom the shock.

s3racing:
I ordered up a complete set of Koni Red's for my Car. So if anyone needs a pair on KYB's for the rear I should still have the set up for grabs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version