Author Topic: Tranny Woes  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Chris

• Car.
Tranny Woes
« on: July 19, 2004, 08:15:17 PM »
So today I drive all the way to work, my usual cruising pace, all A OK.  As per usual I disliked my day at work as required by my lack of a contract and then I jump in my van at 3:30 and put it into gear pull out of my spot and cant shift into 2nd. After some playing about I get it and all seems ok. I then drive 5 blocks and bam, cant shift again. Not able to get into any gear now. Actually had to backup and then roll into first. Started double pumping the clutch seemed to help, most of the time.  After my hell of a drive home I leave the van and come back a few hours later to investigate, and the only thing I can think of is to adjust the clutch, but it seems to shifting fine, but I adjust is a bit and take it for a drive, seems ok but is a little tight to shift, I noticed a leak from the nose of the tranny as well as one from the passenger side axle.

So my question is this, if the fluid levels got low enough would that cause this problem or is it solely my clutch?

And no I did not smash my sump off the pavement when I was popping wheelies at the track! :P

Offline Geoff

• http://airspeedparts.com
Tranny Woes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 09:15:05 PM »
check that shift coupler in the back as well, it may have come loose.

Offline Chris

• Car.
Tranny Woes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 09:39:54 PM »
shift couplers are in tact.  

Offline Hansk

Tranny Woes
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 10:28:56 PM »
So when it's stoped and not runing you can shift and get all the gears but when you try to drive you can't?  If so I'd guess clutch cable almost gone.
Big fat black fastback

Offline Chris

• Car.
Tranny Woes
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 10:30:36 PM »
Thats what I think and I am sure it is going to snap any day now, had to adjust it again tonight, as long as it makes it to tuesday!