Specialty Forums > Bay- curios?

How are the Bay projects coming along?

<< < (3/27) > >>

rekka:
Thanks Hansk. I've increased the centre bore on a few sets of Audi and Mercedes rims over the years. Not a big job.

Hansk:
Yes but to have these steel wheels properly machined would not have been cost effective in this case .  So I went red neck back yard  , now they fit ... but can never be balanced again ,  plus I'm pretty sure the wheel has been weakened somewhat .  I can live with this but would not recommend it to anyone .

rekka:
I think you can balance the wheel and rotor/hub together as the bore in that will still be in the right place. Problem solved.

Hansk:
True but the other issue with these is the bolt holes are up off the surface of the rotor more and probably should have longer studs . I agree with Geoff , mercedes wheels would be better.  I think in the long run I would go with one of the 27/8.50/14's LT tires out there on stock wheels.  Same outer dia. as these.

Hey Pittwagen , what winter tires did you go with?   Mine is also my daily driver rolling project. 

pittwagen:
These are Hercules 185R14 C.  Nice tall skinny tread.  Got them out of their warehouse in Toronto a couple of months ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version