General Forums > VW Club Corner

Fuel pump

(1/4) > >>

ray:
Would like to clean up my motor . Get rid of the stock fuel pump . Electric looks cleaner . The old pump is still good and has lasted since 1994 . Will I get the same out of a electric ? Pros & Cons . 1776 2x 40 dells 110 .

buddy boy:
they only thing i'v heard is the psi output is all over the place, so you'll probably need a fuel pressure reg. like this one just find the psi you need they come in different psi settings.

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=ACC%2DC10%2D5634

Jodasa:
If you are going electric, definately put a fuel pressure regulator inline. This Holley unit that Buddy Boy linked is a great choice.

Bruce:
I'm opposed to pressure regulators.  It's another part to go bad and leave you stranded on the side of the road.  At night.  In the middle of nowhere.  Out of cell range.  When it's raining.

A pressure reg is what you need when you have a pump that puts out the wrong pressure.  My choice is to buy a pump that delivers the correct pressure in the first place.  That's what I did 12 years ago.

I believe the CB rotary pump delivers the right pressure, so no regulator needed.

BUSDADDY:
^X2^ BTDT
Here's the CB pump, print and take a pic to your local FLAPS as Carter and many others make (or resell) the same unit, often a few bucks more but no shipping and a warranty close to home. Just make sure it's mounted below the tank as it can't draw fuel when dry, a relay from a Rabbit is a nice feature for safety as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version