Technical > Transmission Forum

Tranny Fluid

(1/2) > >>

James Buchan:
Dumb Question but what is everyone using for tranny fluid. I am assuming mine has never been changed and I have to pull it out this week anyway so might as well change it. Also any tips on pulling a Swing out? Other than let all the bolts out and let it fall :)

Geoff:
80-90w and thats all ya need to know!

James Buchan:
I know that much Geoff, I was curious about who is using Dino vs Synthetic and what Brand - Pennzoil, Quaker etc.

Geoff:
James, Use whatever brand you want in the Dino oil. If you go synth then do some homework but Dino has never let any one i know down, and it's cheaper. If you have a new ring and Pinion stay away from synth as it will bot allow the gears to \"break in\" due to it's loss in friction.

Bruce:
One way to free up a small amount of hp is to go with 75W-90 gear oil.  Virtually all synthetic gear oil is 75W90, but you won't find regular oil in this viscosity.  The only place I know of is your local Toyota dealer.  Toyota specs this viscosity for all their cars.  I've heard you can show up with a 4 liter jug and buy it from their bulk drum.  Cheaper than Lordco.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version