General Forums > Air Speed Lounge

What's New Guys?

(1/4) > >>

silas:
sound off!

just wondering if any of you did anything to your cars over the winter and what it is you did. i have heard rumours of terry hoogstins (sp?) rank ass race motor in an oval. alan u's fire breathing darren k built 2332. jim coma's turbo. who else? what else? any newly finished projects? any predictions for quickest down the 1/4? i smell a high 11. dont know by who, but i would think darren k. or terry.

for the record, my 56 rag has been uninsured for the winter and i have done sweet piss all to it. blahhh!!.

except i bought a sweet set of porsche fuchs off geoff @ airspeed (thanks buddy), i finally got a garage to store and work on my baby (my car not my g-friend), i got a computer so i've been trying to source parts for my car and i've aquired the odd cool vintage speed part.

lets hear it. whats up with the air cooled?

cheers

silas.

ps. sorry for the long post. and this local a/c vw forum is the best thing since straight cuts and the smell of race gas in the morning.

dannyboy:
ive been collecting parts for a rank little 2275 that i hope to be debuting at the gcvws.
-dan

Geoff:
Dan's motor will be a beast!!! Cant wait to hear the whine of the straight cuts.

This winter i had Darren put together my new 2275cc motor (same parts as last year just diff cam and rod length) The cam is a little larger and comes on strong at 5000rpm and pulls upwards of 8000 rpm :D

The last motor only pulled to 7000 so this feels like it has a little more umpff to it, but i cant tell as i also added 70lbs with a roll bar and have yet to get to the track....July 11th Mission!

Allan may not have his car out until Aug due to the motor ate the lifters.

Darren has a few new mods and should run strong.

Keep a eye on Gavin Lee's 56 beetle. 2275cc IDA's healthy compresion and a killer cam. I took it for a spin after doing some tuning with him and belive me if this thing gets traction it should run a low 12.

Brad P, has also done some very cool mods to his car but you'll have to wait to see them. When you see the car take a look at the one off front suspension.

Mirko has also stepped up this year with a new close ratio trans, IDA's slicks and more.

Should be a fun few months.

Andrew Holliday:
SWEET, this year is going to be sweet, can't wait to see the bugs show everyone what Aircooled VW's are all about at Mission!!!! i'm gettting all giddy just waiting to see them. As for my future mods, well, i need a VW first! As for now, i don't think I am going to bother tinkerin' with my 82 Tercel!

Will Mirko be runnin at Mission July 11th, or has his bug fully recovered from the incident at Mission last year yet?

silas:
hey dannyboy, what kind of car are you putting that motor in?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version