Project Forums > Project Klaatu

It's About Time For A......... Update!

(1/5) > >>

Klaatu:

Here is a close up of the new wheels...only took 10 weeks to get them.....nice

The body finally back on, the fenders are going to have to be stretched a tiny bit.

This is a shot of the water lines going into the intercooler.

I think more work had to go into the trailing arms than any other single thing on the car. Here is a shot of the mods involved to make the caliper mounts fit as well as a number of other things. They are also narrowed 1.5 inches per side.

Here is a shot of the finished product, thanks Rusty!

This is a shot before the engine was closed up......The first time or the second time, I can't remember. Ha! Ha!

This is a shot of K-Rock sledging the oil pump, it was a little tight so we hit it! Don't try this at home it was just a joke!

It is real hard to get 600ft/lbs on the new kryptonite rod bolts so K-Rock broke out the 1\" drive,we both sat on the end of it and achieved the required torque!

This is what u see before Klaatu swallows u at the 1/8 mile!

Head drain back lines and oil by-pass fitting.

Old K-Rock doesn't know what he's doing, the heads look killer.......Thanks for doing such a wicked job!

The gas tank and water tank powder coated.

A shot of the inside, still have alot to do.

I decided to remove the speedo and slide in a monster like my last car, I just don't like something that big hanging off the dash!

When u move the tranny forward, up and sideways sometimes u have to do a little cutting. I will be making a alum. removable panel. The mounts put the engine in the same location as a type one trans., we will be offering the mounts for sale at a future date. I think there will be a few broken tranny's this year with everyone steppin it up! If u see yourself going bus box in the future let me know if u are going to want mounts. They also give clearance to run 930 cv's without cutting the frame horns.

Here is a shot of the cooler through the back window.

The fuel inj. requires way to many fuel lines. I could not run them behind the firewall because of the turbo and exhaust being there!

Most people remove rust and paint over it, We try are best to put on different layers of paint to look like rust. I left my fiberglass fenders outside all winter and they just wouldn't rust!

Fuel lines , filter and return lines under car.

I had to modify the spring plates to clear the bigger tires. You can see were the old adjusters were (hole),now moved forward out of the way of the buldge of the sidewall!

A shot of the body finally on! Thanks to Gary, Jason and Danny. Hey Gary hows your nut?

Another shot of the inside.

So much to do yet, The next job will be fitting the engine and Porsche cooling.

Bug Maniac:
Wow fantastic work, very interesting viewing and such quality. :rockon:  

josh:
dude you're a nut bar!! I'm gonna have to make it off the rock to see this thing in person. what make are the rear tires?

Klaatu:
They are the new Mickey Thompson drag radials. Thanks, Come on by and take a look! :blush:  

Project Decade:
Nice Job :rockon:  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version